Fireteam New Arrma Fireteam keeps shutting down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRDT

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Kraton 8S
Bought the Fireteam this past Sunday, went to run it for the first time and at first it would not turn on, no fans, no beeps,nothing except for the power button did light. After several attempts it finally kicked in, fans on with the confirming 6 beeps. Stayed on for about 30secs and everything turned back off, I didn't even touch the truck, it just turned off. I powered everything off for a few and tried again. Turned right back on but this time it cycled 3 consecutive times with the 6 beeps, stayed on for 30 secs and shut back down. Any ideas, suggestions or has anyone experienced the same? I new to the hobby and hoping this might be an easy fix, I'm itching to run this beast for the first time. Thanks in advance!!

6.jpg

Lets start at the very beginning.....did you charge the batteries? If not..... do that first

If you did .....
Yes batteries charged, cells check, they are good.
If it was doa I would take it back to where you bought it. Hopefully you bought it locally,
Going to my LHS after work where I bought it from, do you think they would exchange? Sales receipt doesn't state.
Open the receiver box and bind transmitter and receiver. See manual.
Tried that but it doesn't stay on long enough to complete the process. The 30 secs it stayed on it would steer and there was throttle.

If it was doa I would take it back to where you bought it. Hopefully you bought it locally,
+1
1000%
Replace the whole rig Boxed and all. Insist on it.
Your first RC experience should not have to deal with this. Defective. Crap happens. You are not alone with an issue like this.
You came to the right place. Arrmaforum.
Got the best advice above.
Let us know how it goes.
Good luck.:cool:

Sounds like a malfunctioning on/off switch to me
Yeah I'm not sure, powere button stays lit even when everything else turns off. If my LHS won't exchange, I will start checking connections until I hear back from HH.
+1
1000%
Yep, will try this afternoon, I've only had it 3 days, not even a piece of sand on it.

+1
1000%
Your first RC experience should not have to deal with this. Defective. Crap happens. You are not alone with an issue like this.
You came to the right place. Arrmaforum.
Got the best advice above.
Let us know how it goes.
Good luck.:cool:
Will do. I understand crap happens, just frustrating especially when you're new to the hobby. Ran my Big Rock Saturday and had a blast. And yes, you all have been great, truely appreciate the feedback!!

Well went back the my LHS, they first checked the receiver still same issues. They pulled a new ESC, same model, out of another vehicle and boom, back in business. Huge shout out to Remote Control Hobbies in Orlando, FL, they didn't question anything just took care of me. Can't wait for the weekend. 😎

Last edited:
Well went back the my LHS, they first check the receiver still same issues. They pulled a new ESC, same model, out of another vehicle and boom, back in business. Huge shout out to Remote Control Hobbies in Orlando, FL, they didn't question anything just took care of me. Can't wait for the weekend. 😎
That is a good hobby shop!

Well went back the my LHS, they first checked the receiver still same issues. They pulled a new ESC, same model, out of another vehicle and boom, back in business. Huge shout out to Remote Control Hobbies in Orlando, FL, they didn't question anything just took care of me. Can't wait for the weekend. 😎
Now that is a hobby shop that does good business! Good for them , and good for you !! ENJOY !!!

I think most shops will fix doa stuff with parts from inventory and then process the claim with HH. The last thing anyone wants is a dissatisfied customer right off the bat. At the high cost of finding and keeping customers it's worth the effort to fix it and keep you happy instead of making you deal with HH directly and waiting for parts.

Will do. I understand crap happens, just frustrating especially when you're new to the hobby. Ran my Big Rock Saturday and had a blast. And yes, you all have been great, truely appreciate the feedback!!
I have seen where there is usually a 30 day return window if the rig is Unused with all packaging for the return. Per HH. Let your LHS know this if returning it to them. The LHS should also know this anyway, if they are an Authorized Arrma/HH distributor
You should have no electrical issues/DOA issues with any new RTR RC.

Last edited:
This is way to common a scenario with any consumer goods. Retailers are obligated to replace stuff that doesn't work out of the box. It's not good business practice it's just business.

DOA out the box= Return ASAP.
Like with any consumer goods.

:cool:

I have seen where there is usually a 30 day return window if the rig is Unused with all packaging for the return. Per HH. Let your LHS know this if returning it to them. The LHS should also know this anyway, if they are an Authorized Arrma/HH distributor
You should have no electrical issues/DOA issues with any new RTR RC.
Yep, filed a warranty claim with HH, next day took it back to the LHS and without hesitation they installed a new ESC, it's been running amazingly ever since. Totally forgot I filed a claim unitl FedEx showed up to my door with an ESC HH sent me so now I have a backup if needed.

Last edited:
Awesome.:cool:
HH usually doesn't play around. Especially with newly released Arrma models.
Enjoy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back