Granite New Arrma Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jzepp

Reaction score
Is anybody liking the new Arrma Granite? Comes in Green and Red/white.

I am liking the new body shell, but just not sure too much about the front & rear bumper and wheelie bar.

Screenshot_20200804-220126_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200804-221515_Chrome.jpg

Its more so the wheelie bar...reminds me of those old metal awnings on houses. Just not feeling it.

Exactly my thoughts haha. I like the bumpers going away from round bar look, square shape might give more strength too.

Same here! That was one of my favorite changes they’ve made was a bigger/beefier front bumper. I already preordered the red/white since I already have a green/black Granite Mega that I’ve now upgraded to the full on BLX version! In fact, I’ve already ordered a replacement cover. I’ve been bashing crazy hard and finally messed the body up to the point she needs to be replaced! Loving this new hobby.

I like the new bumpers, don't like the look of the wheelie bar though, however it does look a lot stronger. I'm not a fan of the new bodies, they kinda look toyish to me. But out of all the new bodies I like the blue one the best, but that only comes in the mega models. ?

Last edited:
Another $30 bucks and you can have the blue one on your BLX! haha - isn't always just a matter of spending more!?!

I like the new bumpers, don't like the look of the wheelie bar though, however it does look a lot stronger. I'm not a fan of the new bodies, they kinda look toyish to me. But out of all the new bodies I like the blue one the best, but that only comes in the mega models. ?
Yeah...not feeling the wheelie bar on that
And figures...they put a cooling fan on the motor also..just as i bought one for my orange/black Granite. The older ones should have came with a cooling fan from the factory.

I would still buy this new Arrma Granite if it wasn't for the fact that i just bought one about 3 months ago. With a charger & extra batteries, upgraded wheels and tires, upgraded wheelie bar, cooling fan, dust cover...i have close to $900 in my Arrma Granite so i can't really afford to buy the new one. But i am happy the way mine looks.

I am not sure about the new body yet either. I do like the larger front grill on the body but not sure about the red light bar on the rear.

I am really liking the new body!! The wheel wells come further down, have a raptor front grill and the side vents of a F-350. Does anyone know if the new body will fit the 3s BLX. I bought it two days before they released news of the v3....

I am really liking the new body!! The wheel wells come further down, have a raptor front grill and the side vents of a F-350. Does anyone know if the new body will fit the 3s BLX. I bought it two days before they released news of the v3....
The new bodies should fit the V2 the same. They still use the same chassis (slightly improved, but still the same) and same body posts.

I think they're ugly, look at the front grill and rear, take the old one anyday!

I think they're ugly, look at the front grill and rear, take the old one anyday!
The measurements are the same of the old Granite to the new v3, so i would say the body should fit. They should have made an orange/black with the upgraded body shell. At least the side windows are normal now, and I like the side vents..not sure about the red line across the rear body. Is that suppose to be a light or what?

We got the Blue and Red one over here in UK. It can take some punishment but the shell is a tad soft. I fully taped it before first use and glad I did. My son thrash’s it on 3s.
Ordering Typhoon mount and wing today to help with flipping and sliding damage. Maybe some other bits aswell.
It could do with some more solid tyres, I don’t think the stock will last long.

Attachments

• 4D4C10BB-E5EB-4C16-B7E7-BFAFD36A02B5.jpeg
    4D4C10BB-E5EB-4C16-B7E7-BFAFD36A02B5.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 1D7B68AC-2F38-4872-9EE9-1BE9A3B6B801.jpeg
    1D7B68AC-2F38-4872-9EE9-1BE9A3B6B801.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 55
The new bodies should fit the V2 the same. They still use the same chassis (slightly improved, but still the same) and same body posts.
Not so sure, the new body posts use the same position for the body holes, but they are much longer. The new body also looks taller, so I'm not sure if it will fit with the old short body posts. Hard to tell from photos/videos. There is more clearance between the body and the side "step ups" in the new model.

As for the wheelie bar, it's ugly, but it's wider and looks sturdier. The old wheelie bar is flexy as hell. Prevents flipping over, but you can't really roll controlled wheelies.

Last edited:
All the upgrades on the v3 add strength and longevity to some of the granites weakpoints, what’s not to like. Probably no leaky shocks or a need to lock tight the slipper, chassis, servo bumpers, I guess it’s the same price. Is the new body better designed at the rear end? Because that didn’t last very long at all

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back