Kraton NEW Arrma Kraton EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is the 4268 sd I purchased the xr8 combo. Why wouldn't you run it? just asking for your opinion
The Kraton is a big heavy truck. It might be too much for that motor. Maybe not though. Only one way to find out. But most people run larger motors than the stock BLX185, not smaller.

The Kraton is a big heavy truck. It might be too much for that motor. Maybe not though. Only one way to find out. But most people run larger motors than the stock BLX185, not smaller.
Well the blx is a 2050kv I believe. Wouldnt the 1900kv be larger. Im new to the hobby and trying to figure all this out lol

Well the blx is a 2050kv I believe. Wouldnt the 1900kv be larger. Im new to the hobby and trying to figure all this out lol
Just because the Kv of a particular motor is lower, it doesn't necessarily mean the motor is physically larger in size.

Will I get good top speeds with the max 6 and 4985 combo? Just trying to find something fast. and fun I know alot are installing the 1717 castle combo

Will I get good top speeds with the max 6 and 4985 combo? Just trying to find something fast. and fun I know alot are installing the 1717 castle combo
Yes. Speed won't be an issue with the proper gearing. How fast are you looking to go? Do you have lots of experience running an RC at speeds in excess of 55 mph?

I was looking at least hitting 60. yes I have a losi 22s st that goes about 60 but it was rtr. If I go with the 4985 max6 combo what pinion would you recommend?

I was looking at least hitting 60. yes I have a losi 22s st that goes about 60 but it was rtr. If I go with the 4985 max6 combo what pinion would you recommend?
I run. 23t with the Castle 1717. It's more than fast enough. Depending on heat, you could run anywhere from a 19-23.

Thanks for the quick

thank you for the quick reply! I am gonna return the 1515 setup and I just purchased the 1717 combo from eBay! Paid $40 more but everyone was out of stock so I hit the buy button ! Lol! Thanks
Be careful of eBay. Most of the castles are fake.

Be careful of eBay. Most of the castles are fake.
If you verify that the seller is a good seller they usually are not fake, way higher chance of a knockoff I guess but I’ve always been fortunate to get authentic products. As long as they are good sellers you should be ok. PayPal protection, if it’s fake you get your money back ??‍♂️??‍♂️

Looking at getting the MM X8S-1717 for the EXB I am building, but wanted to still be able to run 4S for when my son is using it to limit the speed. What are everyone's thought on this?

Looking at getting the MM X8S-1717 for the EXB I am building, but wanted to still be able to run 4S for when my son is using it to limit the speed. What are everyone's thought on this?
It will be slower but fine. Make sure you have a decent quality 4S.

Should net you what your looking for, I have a feeling it would be harsh on a lower quality battery so like @jondilly1974 said I’d make sure to have a good quality 4s and you’ll be fine ??

Should net you what your looking for, I have a feeling it would be harsh on a lower quality battery so like @jondilly1974 said I’d make sure to have a good quality 4s and you’ll be fine ??
You could also just tune the ESC to whatever limit you want and still run on 6S or 8S. That’s the great part about Castle systems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back