Kraton New Arrma Kraton need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killjoyy27

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello All,

Thanks for the advice in advance.
I just recently got back into RC after a 6 or 7 year break. I just picked up a Kraton 6s one, I also picked up a towerhobbies 6s 7000 30c

I am seeing a lot of stuff but no definitive answers.
Will this battery be a problem being that it 5c underrated?
I really don’t want to have to buy another battery but I might depending on the answers I get here.

Thanks in advance.

Hello All,

Thanks for the advice in advance.
I just recently got back into RC after a 6 or 7 year break. I just picked up a Kraton 6s one, I also picked up a towerhobbies 6s 7000 30c

I am seeing a lot of stuff but no definitive answers.
Will this battery be a problem being that it 5c underrated?
I really don’t want to have to buy another battery but I might depending on the answers I get here.

Thanks in advance.
Nah you’ll be fine. 5000 (5 amp hours) at 35c is basically the same as 7000 (7 amp hours) at 30c. Just watch the temps on the battery because nobody’s rating their batteries accurately. If it’s getting hot, you’re stressing it out and maybe it’d be better to use a better pack.

Nah you’ll be fine. 5000 (5 amp hours) at 35c is basically the same as 7000 (7 amp hours) at 30c. Just watch the temps on the battery because nobody’s rating their batteries accurately. If it’s getting hot, you’re stressing it out and maybe it’d be better to use a better pack.
That’s not how batteries work. The C rating and the mah rating are not related. I would not run an underrated battery, especially on a 6S truck. I would exchange/sell it ASAP.

That’s not how batteries work. The C rating and the mah rating are not related. I would not run an underrated battery, especially on a 6S truck. I would exchange/sell it ASAP.
C rating when multiplied by amp hours is the amount of current a battery can give.

And actually because every manufacturer lies (in some cases like smc, they’d like to tell the truth, but their batteries wouldn’t be competitive on paper) going with a higher capacity is always better for high amp setups. If you’ve ever wondered why speed runners use those 7000+mah packs to do 5 passes with that weight a ton, there’s your answer.

He’s also 30 amps above the requirement, not underrated.

Still a bit confused, looks like some members say this will be fine and others not.
I am leaning toward just running the battery and checking temps as a member had suggested.

If they posted a minimum recommendation there is probably a reason. You might be fine. You might not. Good luck.

The reason Arrma gives a minimum C rating recommendation, and not an amp recommendation is because they don't want the customer to have to do math.

Anyway, like @Peeeenuuutt said, it will be fine!

But will a 7Ah 6s even fit? ?

A nice quality test was done showing that high mAh does increase power output (aka C-rating)
This video also shows how batteries operate best warm (around 95-110 F)

5000 2s 50c - 134 Amps
7600 s2 50c - 202 Amps

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back