Infraction New Arrma Limitless and Infraction RC's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
INFRACTION ???
Someone will have to do a clear window Infraction body, so we can put a Ken Block doll inside. Then everyone can start making Gymkhana videos!

I've been there it's not to bad. Father son store. I usually order stuff online and pick up in store at the Mooresville location. Just trying to keep the lhs thing going. Like bickety said the guys are awsome at my lhs. They all know my by name as I do there's. I'm there 2 - 3 times a week. Monday They where out of stock of typhon 3s. Told jack the owner I need one by Thursday he had it by Wednesday. Love you hobbytown Mooresville ?
Guess it depends on what you are going in for. I'm more into building speed cars, and as such they have nothing i need. I like mooresville HT.

INFRACTION ???
I can’t stop watching this video...
I think the beginning he should have been smoking those tires off on a boat ramp. Anyone who ever had a boat stuck on a sketchy, wet boat ramp and could not get their boat up it will know what I mean...You are so flippin mad you just want to fry your tires until they blow out...

Anyone else notice the receiver box and servo mount on the limitless are one unit? I wonder if there's room for taller servos? If not maybe some spacers could be used. Probably won't be able to use a aluminum servo mount either.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190614-164757_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190614-164757_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 53
What do you mean? Looks like one big mount for the esc, servo and receiver.
The Castle XLX won't fit In the stock all in one esc/servo/reciever box they have. Your probably most likely going to have to do away with one of the dual battery trays to run a XLX. I've already seen It done on a limitless and the chassis for the infraction Is the same.

Anyone else notice the receiver box and servo mount on the limitless are one unit? I wonder if there's room for taller servos? If not maybe some spacers could be used. Probably won't be able to use a aluminum servo mount either.
I'm not sure about the ability to use taller servo's. But I'm pretty sure you won't have to use a aluminum servo mount because I don't think it'll flex that much like the old one. Plus this is a onroad vehicle with way smaller wheels, so less force needed to turn them.

The Castle XLX won't fit In the stock all in one esc/servo/reciever box they have. Your probably most likely going to have to do away with one of the dual battery trays to run a XLX. I've already seen It done on a limitless and the chassis for the infraction Is the same.
As @Modojojo11 and @cootertwo say @Erstadw you won't be able to use the stock ESC/receiver box unit for a XLX ESC. See picture below captured from Brandon @RC Innovation's Limitless. ;)

Screenshot_20190615-123701.png

As @Modojojo11 and @cootertwo say @Erstadw you won't be able to use the stock ESC/receiver box unit for a XLX ESC. See picture below captured from Brandon @RC Innovation's Limitless. ;)

View attachment 40891
Ah, yes that's the limitless that I saw and was referring to, but now I see something different. It looks like Brandon might have found away to fit a CM series (long can) motor In the car. The previous motor he had In there was a castle 1717 which he was able get a 101mph run out of It. The motor looks more mid mounted now than in the front. I would like some more info on this mod. Looks great!

Ah, yes that's the limitless that I saw and was referring to, but now I see something different. It looks like Brandon might have found away to fit a CM series (long can) motor In the car. The previous motor he had In there was a castle 1717 which he was able get a 101mph run out of It. The motor looks more mid mounted now than in the front. I would like some more info on this mod. Looks great!
I think it isn't even a mod. He explained in the video that he just turned the motormount around (180 degrees I guess). Losing a battery tray but gaining the advantage to fit a longer motor.

I think it isn't even a mod. He explained in the video that he just turned the motormount around (180 degrees I guess). Losing a battery tray but gaining the advantage to fit a longer motor.
Exactly that. ;)
Arrma thought ahead and did their R&D. :cool:

In the video he said he used a neu motor that is slightly longer than a tppower 4070 series. So excited for this car. Soon I will be starting to buy the electronics. :p
Have you seen the size of a MXLX ?
I have an xlx. So I understand that due to size, it will have to be relocated. But that mount will still be needed to mount your servo and house your receiver. That is all I was trying to say.

Last edited:
I have the Limitless pre ordered but im second guessing it... I do not agree with the layout even now seeing the motor can be flipped it makes it worse for me. I feel the stock way was not that far off from being ok but i think the motor should of been pushed back 20mm or so back with the ESC and radio behind it and a single battery tray built for two large 4s packs maximum on the other side near the front with the servo. This would of left more then enough room for 1/5th ESC's on the motor side and keeping more then enough weight in the front but im not to sure about weight balance on the sides. Not to mention a big open space behind the lipo's for add ons.

Even a simple redesign of the steering joint that blocks the motor could of been fixed to push 20mm or so more added length with no other changes but the larger ESC would still be an issue being put in the 2nd battery tray. I'm sure im talking out my ass...

Last edited:
I have it ordered also but I'm not quite sure about the electronics yet. When it arrives I'll be putting in a hobbywing max8 combo at first which I still have laying around. I'm thinking about a max6 or even a max5 later on combined with a tppower long can motor, eventually running 8s.

Infraction Backflip @5:40 ?
That's awesome! Stock RTR 78mph!! Better than decent IMO!
I will say I find it odd that these new models are available to store owners?? but not the general population?? Is it a deliberate tease? I would think releasing and making available would have a more successful debut vs releasing videos and trickling models. The new release hype will wear off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back