Infraction New Arrma Limitless and Infraction RC's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a marketing strategy that imo works well for Arrma to create buzz around the brand while demand is high and supply is low. My gut says that the slow roll for these two models will be timed to trail off just before the timed release for the next model teaser. If they can keep the interest high and everyone talking about the brand throughout the year it should payoff with higher sales moving forward

All these videos are great and all..???

BUT I JUST WANT MINE NOW..!!!
giphy.gif

Oh, and that backflip wow..!! so lucky not to wipe out..

It's a marketing strategy that imo works well for Arrma to create buzz around the brand while demand is high and supply is low. My gut says that the slow roll for these two models will be timed to trail off just before the timed release for the next model teaser. If they can keep the interest high and everyone talking about the brand throughout the year it should payoff with higher sales moving forward
You can think of it that way yes.. But people may also think there may be trouble keeping up with the demand. I've already seen someone pissed over at the reddit rccars group because he couldn't get a simple lower suspension arm for his brand new Kraton 4s until October, and he lives in the UK.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't had any trouble getting parts for my 6s Kraton, Typhon and Outcast and I really really like the brand. But IMO I think a wide community posting lots of videos about these awesome vehicles would create more buzz than just a couple of store owners for example. I do get your point though.

Eh...I get it but I think they're over shooting it. I mean to let the cat out in early June but not be available for purchase until August?? Too big of a gap IMO.

I got to touch and feel the Infraction today at a local hobby store. For those that have had the opportunity to see one in person, I think you will agree that it is not as cool as in all the videos out there............. its BETTER!

If they would have had one for sale, I would have bought it right then and there. I will certainly be getting one as soon as they are out, and it will be worth every second of the wait :cool:?

I have the Limitless pre ordered but im second guessing it... I do not agree with the layout even now seeing the motor can be flipped it makes it worse for me. I feel the stock way was not that far off from being ok but i think the motor should of been pushed back 20mm or so back with the ESC and radio behind it and a single battery tray built for two large 4s packs maximum on the other side near the front with the servo. This would of left more then enough room for 1/5th ESC's on the motor side and keeping more then enough weight in the front but im not to sure about weight balance on the sides. Not to mention a big open space behind the lipo's for add ons.

Even a simple redesign of the steering joint that blocks the motor could of been fixed to push 20mm or so more added length with no other changes but the larger ESC would still be an issue being put in the 2nd battery tray. I'm sure im talking out my ass...
It’s 2 battery sides because the body is so low. This isn’t a truck

I got to touch and feel the Infraction today at a local hobby store. For those that have had the opportunity to see one in person, I think you will agree that it is not as cool as in all the videos out there............. its BETTER!

If they would have had one for sale, I would have bought it right then and there. I will certainly be getting one as soon as they are out, and it will be worth every second of the wait :cool:?
We'll see...I might get one, someday. After the games-people-play business is over and see what the 1/5?6? scale release has to offer ?

I won't buy another new release until the parts availability are there. Rigs on the shelf suck. I see that when the Infraction drops. 4s de ja vu!

I won't buy another new release until the parts availability are there. Rigs on the shelf suck. I see that when the Infraction drops. 4s de ja vu!
Suspention arms, hubs, diffs are all from the 6s Typhon, I think. For crash fixing, all you really need is the front splitter as a new part.

Bit confused about motor specs..? in standard setup..??

Pulled these stills from @InnovationRC vid where he says a Castle 1717 fits.. correct me if I'm wrong that motor is 85mm long..

Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 13.09.09.png

Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 13.08.43.png

But yet Arrma's spec says max 80mm..!!

Screenshot 2019-06-16 at 13.26.00.jpeg

So Arrma don't even know their own dimensions..???

I sent RC Planet an email to cancel my order of the Limitless. False advertising, claiming they had them in stock! yea right!

Bit confused about motor specs..? in standard setup..??

Pulled these stills from @InnovationRC vid where he says a Castle 1717 fits.. correct me if I'm wrong that motor is 85mm long..

View attachment 40977
View attachment 40979

But yet Arrma's spec says max 80mm..!!

View attachment 40980

So Arrma don't even know their own dimensions..???
A 1717 can is the same size as a 4985. It easily fits so Arrma's specs aren't the end all. They just may want MORE than adequate clearance while we just want to know what will fit, period.

I sent RC Planet an email to cancel my order of the Limitless. False advertising, claiming they had them in stock! yea right!
I think that's fair enough. Wrong of them to advertise like that knowing full well that people would buy/sign up purely because they thought they had stock.

Maybe put your money into a LHS to reserve one of the first ones. ;)

OT but how are you getting on with your Typhon?

I feel the same way. One of the not so local hobby shops I checkout on my way home from work had one. My credit card started burning my leg through the wallet, lol. If they had some for sale I’d have some splaining to do...

These cars aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but they are very tempting. I wish the Infraction would be offered in a roller configuration. I’m definitely getting one of these 2 cars in the year to come. Not sure which one.

Typhon's coming along, just need to get off my lazy butt, and do some runs. Tied the cheap tires last night, but don't expect it to last long. Got a new set of the harder rimmed GRP's to put on. MXLX acting a little strange with reverse. Sometimes right there, sometimes have to wait a few seconds or so, then almost wide open reverse? Can't find my RF power meter, to check my Radio Link with and without a power booster. Being a hoarder has it's down falls! Been raining here every day, raining now. Where's the ARK?;)

Been raining here every day, raining now. Where's the ARK?;)
:LOL: Tell me about it ~ this is supposed to be our summer here but all we're getting is rain as well! :confused:

Just got my fingers crossed for next weekend though as I'm going to my first ROSSA event with the Typhon.

We got sunny weather in MN. Got the batteries charging. Excited to try out the new carbon fiber wing I got from Saga custom RC.
Yeah, yeah don't rub it in. ;) Like the look of the wing.

Have you got a build thread running or anything for your Typhon? Looks like a dedicated speed runner which is what I love. (y)

:LOL: Tell me about it ~ this is supposed to be our summer here but all we're getting is rain as well! :confused:

Just got my fingers crossed for next weekend though as I'm going to my first ROSSA event with the Typhon.

Yeah, yeah don't rub it in. ;) Like the look of the wing.

Have you got a build thread running or anything for your Typhon? Looks like a dedicated speed runner which is what I love. (y)
No I haven't started my own thread. And yes it has become a dedicated speed runner even though that's not what I intended in the beginning. Lol maybe I should start a thread for it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back