Infraction New Arrma Limitless and Infraction RC's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to see someone do a speed run on the limitless, then pull the front or rear driveshaft and repeat.

Since it has a spool, 2wd won't be an issue and technically less drivetrain loss could pick up a couple mph.

I want to see someone do a speed run on the limitless, then pull the front or rear driveshaft and repeat.

Since it has a spool, 2wd won't be an issue and technically less drivetrain loss could pick up a couple mph.
loss of traction also, i think it would be hard to handle if really making power on 2wd.

All I know is that it's 1520kv and it's 40x107. It's actually the same motor that I used in my Krazy Kaos Reeper build. I have 2 of those motors now (long story in how that happened). It's probably not the ideal motor for speed runs as I've seen people running much higher kv on 8S, but it's what I have and I'll work with that.

Yeah, that's a tricky one... It all comes down to aerodynamics in the end and chassis design. Covered probably works better for RC as most people going for top speed are using chassis never designed to go that fast, so the covered body probably helps with stability. That said, your theory about drag cars doesn't apply here as they are not going for top speed, they're going for fastest time in a 1/4 mile. A lot of guys that focus on drag racing RC also don't use full bodies, they use open wheelers. When you look at the type of cars that do the top speed runs at the salt lakes, they are mainly full body cars.
But again, it all comes down to aerodynamics and how the chassis used can handle those speeds.
Crazy, top fuel dragsters got so “fast” in the quarter mile they shortened the distance and the cars are still going 330+mph with open wheels.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Fuel

RCDude81 nice video. Is that the same place you used to do all the jumps at that was under construction? Almost looks like the same place.

RCDude81 nice video. Is that the same place you used to do all the jumps at that was under construction? Almost looks like the same place.
Thanks man! ?Yes the second part of the vid was that construction site. I was hoping the upper pad was still dirt when I went out there since it'd be PERFECT for smooth dirt drifting but it was wet concrete. both pads now..:rolleyes:Oh well, at least I still have a cool small jump spot on the pavement for it!:ROFLMAO:Luckily I was able to use this spot for a full year before full construction started! Pretty thankful!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back