Infraction New Arrma Limitless and Infraction RC's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got most of my parts in today for the limitless. Just waiting on the motor and the limitless its self.:p

Attachments

• 20190715_202326.jpg
    20190715_202326.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 43
Got most of my parts in today for the limitless. Just waiting on the motor and the limitless its self.:p

Got most of my parts in too. Just waiting on a few Castle parts and well of course ARRMA to ship these things already. Body is painted, parts printed, and just need to cut the carbon fibre front splitter this weekend.

Interesting video about heat and rubber tires like the GRP coming apart at high speeds (possibly also the Hoons?)

@phildogg Killing it with a 144mph run on some beat up foams:

Foams for the win..?? @phildogg that was sick..!!!

@Innovation RC, some wicked wipeouts and at insane speed...Arrma tough..!!

I hope they arrive soon! It's so good Vas you got one early in Australia. The initial thought was 1st of August, but looks like the 15th now ?. So does it feel controllable in the slides? It looks like so much fun!
Thanks man. Yeah, it's somewhat controllable, but mainly to the right, I was having major issues turning it left. Now, some that was the cold weather, cold tyres, the weight bias of the car and/or above all, my lack of driving skill. That said, I had one 6S battery on the right tray and my AVC was down to 30% on my DX5C. The result was a very lively rear end on left turns and now my rear left tyre looks like a freshly laid egg. My rear right tyre isn't as bad, but you can barely make out the tread on it so there's not much left. However, the 2 front tyres are almost new. So something to keep in mind is that on 6S, in a car park like that, having a quick 10 min bash, you WILL destroy your rear tyres without much effort. I'm sticking to 4S from now on for bash sessions and might even gear up a couple of teeth if I find that 68kph just isn't enough. Hehe.
Despite all this, yes, it's an amazing RC to drive on 6S. I mean, I'm actually looking at the weather to see when I can next drive the thing and I can't remember the last time I was that excited about driving an RC. I love all the off road stuff, as you all know, but this... This is different! There's a rush, a sense of excitement that I don't get from the other cars. It may be that I'm just used to the other cars, but that's just it... Even after doing this for the past 7 years, driving hundreds of RCs on and off road, this car offers something I haven't had in the past with the others. The looks, the size, the speed and the tyre smoke all add to the experience and you have to drive it to fully understand. And only then will you confirm that I'm either very right or a complete loony. LOL

Thanks man. Yeah, it's somewhat controllable, but mainly to the right, I was having major issues turning it left. Now, some that was the cold weather, cold tyres, the weight bias of the car and/or above all, my lack of driving skill. That said, I had one 6S battery on the right tray and my AVC was down to 30% on my DX5C. The result was a very lively rear end on left turns and now my rear left tyre looks like a freshly laid egg. My rear right tyre isn't as bad, but you can barely make out the tread on it so there's not much left. However, the 2 front tyres are almost new. So something to keep in mind is that on 6S, in a car park like that, having a quick 10 min bash, you WILL destroy your rear tyres without much effort. I'm sticking to 4S from now on for bash sessions and might even gear up a couple of teeth if I find that 68kph just isn't enough. Hehe.
Despite all this, yes, it's an amazing RC to drive on 6S. I mean, I'm actually looking at the weather to see when I can next drive the thing and I can't remember the last time I was that excited about driving an RC. I love all the off road stuff, as you all know, but this... This is different! There's a rush, a sense of excitement that I don't get from the other cars. It may be that I'm just used to the other cars, but that's just it... Even after doing this for the past 7 years, driving hundreds of RCs on and off road, this car offers something I haven't had in the past with the others. The looks, the size, the speed and the tyre smoke all add to the experience and you have to drive it to fully understand. And only then will you confirm that I'm either very right or a complete loony. LOL
I'll be watching closely to find out how you dial in the control, the turning thing is a bit weird, I haven't seen anyone else mention this before? Have you disabled the AVC from any throttle control(steering only)? I was thinking I'll use my dx4c transmitter which I assume is similar to the dx5c in terms of setting adjustments.

Apart from driving a few off road cars on road I have no on road experience, so I was really looking forward to learning to drive on road, especially the slides and drifting I'm excited about. I've been doing some background on tyre options to allow more slip and longer wear times, without going to a full drift plastic type tyre.

Thanks for the info and great video's Vas, and I think 68kmh is plenty on a carpark like you drove on? Maybe you'll get used to it fairly quickly though? Enjoy and I'm so glad you're in love with the car it's good to hear.
That is not a 1/7 scale lot there Vas!! ??

That’s a proper 1/18 scale lot. Don’t you guys have bigger lots down under?
Some but they usually have cars parked in them! ?

I'll be watching closely to find out how you dial in the control, the turning thing is a bit weird, I haven't seen anyone else mention this before? Have you disabled the AVC from any throttle control(steering only)? I was thinking I'll use my dx4c transmitter which I assume is similar to the dx5c in terms of setting adjustments.

Apart from driving a few off road cars on road I have no on road experience, so I was really looking forward to learning to drive on road, especially the slides and drifting I'm excited about. I've been doing some background on tyre options to allow more slip and longer wear times, without going to a full drift plastic type tyre.

Thanks for the info and great video's Vas, and I think 68kmh is plenty on a carpark like you drove on? Maybe you'll get used to it fairly quickly though? Enjoy and I'm so glad you're in love with the car it's good to hear.
I think having a single 6S pack instead of a 3S on each side was to blame, if I heard him right. Car wasn’t balanced weight wise.

I think having a single 6S pack instead of a 3S on each side was to blame, if I heard him right. Car wasn’t balanced weight wise.
Surely others have run a single pack and done the same. Would it really make that much difference at these speeds. I don't doubt Vas one bit, I'm just surprised. It will mean I need new batteries just for the Interaction I really only have single packs.
Yes it was a good vid, Vas. @Primarrma does this mean we will be seeing an Infraction on your channel on the 16th??
I wasn't very secretive was I?

@Rich Duperbash did a video as well and I noticed at the end of his video he had very similar tyre wear to me, yet he used 2 x 3S packs. So although I don't think my setup helped the tyre wear in any way, I don't think using 2 x 3S packs prevents it either. I think it's the overall balancing of the car and suspension setup that can tune that out. Or perhaps the centrifugal force of the motor and drivetrain that plays a part in the handling. I remember having this issue 20 years ago when I had my Tamiya TB-01 and started using 12T race motors in it. LOL. Even taking off in a straight line became a problem if I used too much throttle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back