Infraction New Arrma Limitless and Infraction RC's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the differential favors spinning one tire more so than the other? Heavier wt diff fluid would likely solve this.

-Liberty
I imagine it would be possible to film the car under acceleration over and over and see if there is a repeatable result? Even watching in slow motion to see which side steps out. I know I subconsciously favour one direction for turning around when I'm not on a track, maybe this comes into play also?

Yes- of course more power goes to one wheel, just like any 'open' diff.

To make a TBD for an RC would be $$$.

Yes- of course more power goes to one wheel, just like any 'open' diff.

To make a TBD for an RC would be $$$.
Is it always the same wheel? What I mean is if you were to take off exactly the same way each time would the same wheel slip? Does the diff favour a particular side over the other if they both have equal traction?

Last edited:
Is it always the same wheel? What I mean is if you were to take off exactly the same way each time would the same wheel slip? Does the diff favour a particular side over the other if they both have equal traction?
Yes, that is how open differentials work... considerably more power gets sent to one wheel. In a scenario where one has less traction that one will always get the power sent to it. (path of least resistance) Not good for drag racing, speed runs, or crawling.

On my Toyota 4 Runner it is the rear right tire... I have not tested it or looked at the Arrma's diff long enough to determine which side it is.

Yes, that is how open differentials work... considerably more power gets sent to one wheel. In a scenario where one has less traction that one will always get the power sent to it. (path of least resistance) Not good for drag racing, speed runs, or crawling.

On my Toyota 4 Runner it is the rear right tire... I have not tested it or looked at the Arrma's diff long enough to determine which side it is.
That's very interesting I never knew that, thank you.

Somebody needs to do a fancy slow mo launch video.

I can tell you when my diffs break internal gear- it is the driver side very time.

Open diffs will power out of one wheel. Think of a real fwd going hard in a turn. Inside front wheel will roast.

If it had a torque biasing diff then it would spin both wheels equally which is good for straight line- just be aware that means while overall traction level will increase a bit (2 tires)- then when you pass that limit- both tires slip and you loose steering!!

TBD are fun on the rear end though. Here is a video I made 12 years ago after putting a rear TBD in my old VW golf.

If the rear was open, the car would push. Since I was breaking both loose at the same time, I could rotate the rear instead of end up in the bush.

Rc cars don't really work the same way. As noted above if you take a open diff rear wheel drive car jack up the back and gas it, one wheel has the power and the other moves at a much lower rate of speed. Almost like it has no power at all. It will never transfer power to the other side while in the air. A 4x4 real car w/ open diffs would have one spin in the front and the opposite side spin in the rear. Our arrma 4x4s do not do this. All four spin with what seems like full power. I know the diffs arent locked or anything but it still happens. Maybe somone knows why?

Hello

I have some questions about the new Infraction truck 6s

1 Can i drive that car also with only 2s and 3s lipo if my Son like test the car ?

Is this okey do? This limits the Speed i hope : ?
Do this car drive at all if you go less than 4s

If the Car has protect in electronic ,then minium is 4s?
Hope not.

What other is possible do make the car run like 40km/h only at Max throttle ( for my Son )

2-
I will drive it on 4s.

Can i put a 5cell lipo also?
6s is too sick.

is it possible put a 5s Lipo and get something between slower 4s and insane 6s = 5s ?

-

-Will there be any Pinion-Gearing Cover option awaible?

Or anyone with good ideas how to make one, that i can remove pretty easy if i want change between Pinions ?
Maybe someone has already make it self? Put a link here please then :):p
I want try this car also at sand beach with 1/8 Buggy paddle tyres :)

Coming Winter
Can i lift the body? or do i need buy adjustable body mounts?
I want try 1/8 buggy Proline Badlands, drive in snow also,
need try lift the body 10- up

5.-
is there coming any Nylon Mesh, ,dust/wet protector for whole chassie for this 1/7 Truck ?

i know Arrma has better cars if you want drive like me, Year Round in snow, rain, sand, normal roads Mixed style.

The problem is that i LOVE the looks and attitude this Car has. I must have it like a AllRoad car because the Looks, Its extra Pleasure see this Car for me, my taste 100%

Last edited:
Hello

I have some questions about the new Infraction truck 6s

1 Can i drive that car also with only 2s and 3s lipo if my Son like test the car ?

Is this okey do? This limits the Speed i hope : ?
Do this car drive at all if you go less than 4s

If the Car has protect in electronic ,then minium is 4s?
Hope not.

What other is possible do make the car run like 40km/h only at Max throttle ( for my Son )

2-
I will drive it on 4s.

Can i put a 5cell lipo also?
6s is too sick.

is it possible put a 5s Lipo and get something between slower 4s and insane 6s = 5s ?

-

-Will there be any Pinion-Gearing Cover option awaible?

Or anyone with good ideas how to make one, that i can remove pretty easy if i want change between Pinions ?
Maybe someone has already make it self? Put a link here please then :):p
I want try this car also at sand beach with 1/8 Buggy paddle tyres :)

Coming Winter
Can i lift the body? or do i need buy adjustable body mounts?
I want try 1/8 buggy Proline Badlands, drive in snow also,
need try lift the body 10- up

5.-
is there coming any Nylon Mesh, ,dust/wet protector for whole chassie for this 1/7 Truck ?

i know Arrma has better cars if you want drive like me, Year Round in snow, rain, sand, normal roads Mixed style.

The problem is that i LOVE the looks and attitude this Car has. I must have it like a AllRoad car because the Looks, Its extra Pleasure see this Car for me, my taste 100%
You can read all about the BLX 185 here: https://www.arrma-rc.com/power-systems/latest/blx185
3S LiPo (11.1), 4S LiPo (14.8) or 6S LiPo (22.2V)
(cannot do 2s or 5s)

There is virtually no aftermarket so no dust cover/water cover, body lift would have to be custom or adapted some aftermarket part.
Pinion gear cover is easy to remove and somewhat easy to remove the pinion gear itself. (be sure to use MIP wrenches and heat the screw first)

-Liberty

nice to know.
3s is possible anyway then ?
Nice.
Specially for colder icy winter roads , if you live like me and want Drive winter sometimes also

SPEED 3s:
3s with low speed Pinion, what will the car make then in speed ? anybody try this with GPS ?

Today this Car has Release date, i believe i read this couple days ago, this is released 18-07-2019 . ( today ) ???

There is anyway alot people driving this already, Lots of Youtube Videos is out there

I ordered lights for the new truck. :cool::love:
They will have the same shape and look as the decals of the truck.
10mm / 13mm 2 LEDs Angel & Demon Eyes.

Features:
Universal model, easy to install. With switch, the middle lamp can be controllable, aperture was always Lights.
Aperture light uniformity, full lights emitting. A group of two servos two lamp cord plug (can be plugged directly into the receiver BATT jack)

Description:
Bright LED light output
Halo style bulb
Not only they are the brightest LED on the market, but also they require the least battery power. A wide variety of colors to choose from: white, blue etc. The wiring is 18" long. It works great with the RC

Light Controller.
4.2v-6v input
2 lighting options
Lighting switch
Pre-Wired
Yvan

s-l1600.jpg

LHS just contacted me. HH told them they won't be shipping until the end of next week. They ordered 10 and were allocated 2. I get one and everyone else gets to fight over the other.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back