Mojave New ARRMA Mojave 1/7th scale 6s truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I ran my truck and it made it about 10 minutes before the center differential went. I took it apart and it was really low on oil and melted part of the casing. Making it a pain to even get the gears out.
Anyways I will contact horizon and see if they can do anything. Other then that are these diffs alright if I just check and make sure it has enough oil? Or is anyone running a spool? I really am just going to run the truck in the yard and down the road so if its more reliable I would go that route even if I can't tune with different weight oil.

So I ran my truck and it made it about 10 minutes before the center differential went. I took it apart and it was really low on oil and melted part of the casing. Making it a pain to even get the gears out.
Anyways I will contact horizon and see if they can do anything. Other then that are these diffs alright if I just check and make sure it has enough oil? Or is anyone running a spool? I really am just going to run the truck in the yard and down the road so if its more reliable I would go that route even if I can't tune with different weight oil.
I've run quite a few packs through it and so far haven't had a single problem with the diffs (front,rear or center) but I do think running a spool would be simpler for maintenance (one less diff to break and rebuild) and for just running down the street and backyard driving I think it's not a bad choice. However I have no actual experience with this so I don't know how it affects the drivability of the car and anyway shape or form.

The center diff. also protect the drive train. WIthout center diff. , it is like having a direct drive without slipper. Each time you will fall on both front and rear wheels, all the drive train will be blocked, this give lot of stress to the drive train parts. The center diff. allow to dissipate the energy. I can say that i broke many drive drive train (mainly gears, pin retainer) on cars withtout center diff. and slipper.

This is something i don't like on my Hobao Hyper MT sport plus. There isn't center diff. and only a slipper (hard to adjust), i almost constently break something on the drive train by doing the same bashing (or even less hard) i would do with my Arrma, but my arrma don't break.

A spool is nice for drag race or on-road race, not for off-road. A direct drive can be ok on light wieght 1/10 cars on 2s/3s, but not on heavy rigs on 6s.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a solution to prevent the right rear wheel from coming loose and stripping its hex?

Lost the right rear wheel twice. When it happened the first time, the wheel's plastic hex was slightly stripped. I applied blue Loctite to the nut and put it back. Then it stripped completely the next run on 6S. :( Had checked beforehand that the nut was still tight.

Any suggestions on how to prevent further problems from arising? Going through wheels like that can be very expensive.

Happens in this video too, at the 24:45 mark, also the right rear wheel:

The center diff. also protect the drive train. WIthout center diff. , it is like having a direct drive without slipper. Each time you will fall on both front and rear wheels, all the drive train will be blocked, this give lot of stress to the drive train parts. The center diff. allow to dissipate the energy. I can say that i broke many drive drive train (mainly gears, pin retainer) on cars withtout center diff. and slipper.

This is something i don't like on my Hobao Hyper MT sport plus. There isn't center diff. and only a slipper (hard to adjust), i almost constently break something on the drive train by doing the same bashing (or even less hard) i would do with my Arrma, but my arrma don't break.

A spool is nice for drag race or on-road race, not for off-road. A direct drive can be ok on light wieght 1/10 cars on 2s/3s, but not on heavy rigs on 6s.
Now that's a good explanation my man, thanks dude

Does that part get hot? Wondering if you need high temp or high strength
I think the red metal hex only got hot (compared to the other 3 which were cool) after the wheel fell off. Looked like it spun inside the wheel first and got hot due to the friction. No binding in the bearings or drivetrain felt.

Would advise owners of a new truck to apply blue loctite to the nuts first and let them cure at least overnight before running. Really wished I did that first, LOL! Or at least that's what I hope works to prevent such problems...

Well i was not going to get one and wait on the killer, but a deal came up on facebook i could not resist. I got a once driven red Mojave with 2 brand new lectron pro 3s 7600mah, and 2 brand new lectron pro 2s 7600mah lipos and a cheap Reedy charger for $550. I thought it was a hell of a deal, and jumped on it immediately.

Well i was not going to get one and wait on the killer, but a deal came up on facebook i could not resist. I got a once driven red Mojave with 2 brand new lectron pro 3s 7600mah, and 2 brand new lectron pro 2s 7600mah lipos and a cheap Reedy charger for $550. I thought it was a hell of a deal, and jumped on it immediately.
Great buy! You'll enjoy the Mojave!

hi everyone

i am looking to get this rc car and i have some questions for current owners.

I ran a tekno sct on the beach with lots of loose sand and the inside was covered in sand. even the esc's fan had sand in it, it probably got into the motor through the vents.

I was using buggy type tyres like this https://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Matrix8thBuggyTyres.jpg

it seems the mojave has a similar design (being a sct, lack of wheel arches) so i want to know if the insides will be covered in sand if you run it on loose sandy areas?

or did I run a SCT on the wrong type of ground?

The insides will be covered in sand. I run this on grass and it's a "grass collector". LOL

hi everyone

i am looking to get this rc car and i have some questions for current owners.

I ran a tekno sct on the beach with lots of loose sand and the inside was covered in sand. even the esc's fan had sand in it, it probably got into the motor through the vents.

I was using buggy type tyres like this https://www.redrc.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Matrix8thBuggyTyres.jpg

it seems the mojave has a similar design (being a sct, lack of wheel arches) so i want to know if the insides will be covered in sand if you run it on loose sandy areas?

or did I run a SCT on the wrong type of ground?
Yes sand gets all over the place and everywhere. But it also has a way to get out since the backside of the chassis is open. I was driving around on slightly moist sand which clumped together and slit out the back, so there was still a lot of sand in there but not as much as when the chassis would be a complete tub

Mojave Drag Race
They go by so fast you have to pause it to see what rigs they even are ??

B2C61BA8-C108-46A3-8EF8-E20B0528E885.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back