Mojave New ARRMA Mojave Desert Truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool looking but at the end of the day I was never moved to buy a 6s Senton so I doubt I'll be moved to buy a larger version of it.

Said the man who thought road cars weren't any good... then goes and buys an Infraction...???? ?

Said the man who thought road cars weren't any good... then goes and buys an Infraction...?????
I'm all fairness that was different. I had never seen anything like the Infraction before. This Mojave I've seen 1000 times. It's a scaled up Senton. It will be a hard pass for me. I'd be more inclined to buy a Super Baja Rey.

Looks like Arrma beefed up the shock rod ends considerably and revised the spring perches to offer more spring preload. If the rod ends and perches fit into the older 6s arms it should help suspension sag from adding weight with all the aluminum upgrades/aftermarket chassis. Hopefully it's not enough additional height in the perch to cause any coil bind issues

Edit: just found this...

Last edited:
Nice attention to detail. The fire extinguisher in the back reads, "Why Are You Reading This Just Send It" ?
IMG_1482.PNG

That was my post (Gator RC) from last night. When he responded “noted” I hoped and thought for sure that they would change the radio finally. But it sounds like the same radio is going in which is real bummer. Really liked the Mojave. Only short course I have is a slash that I got free from Monster Awards. And had to put $250 just to get it where I wanted to actually drive it. But I really don’t want to have to buy another Transmitter/receiver for it before I even get to drive it.

Wondering if the new arms would be a better solution for truggifying a Typhon, so instead of changing the axles and hubs you'de change the arms and driveshafts. it will add 15mm compared to 11mm added by the axles solution. but it depends on whether the shock mounts are on the same spot or not.

Wondering if the new arms would be a better solution for truggifying a Typhon, so instead of changing the axles and hubs you'de change the arms and driveshafts. it will add 15mm compared to 11mm added by the axles solution. but it depends on whether the shock mounts are on the same spot or not.

Oh that's a good catch. My first question about this thing was what would be interchangeable with the typhon. We'll have to wait for someone to be the guinea pig and see I guess.

I am somewhat wondering why they didn't try to put something with a solid rear axle out like the Traxxas and Losi trucks. This seems like a direct competitor and I always assumed the solid rear axle was the draw for most people since it is for me. Regardless I am sure it'll be a lot of fun to drive.

You might do this with the wide mod, but you will still need the wide mod. The 2.8 MX Tires that are normally run on the Typhon truggy conversion won't clear the steering knuckles without the wider hexes.

Looks like Arrma beefed up the shock rod ends considerably and revised the spring perches to offer more spring preload. If the rod ends and perches fit into the older 6s arms it should help suspension sag from adding weight with all the aluminum upgrades/aftermarket chassis. Hopefully it's not enough additional height in the perch to cause any coil bind issues

Edit: just found this...
Talk about terrible music choices....

[QUOTE = "Wmorgan, post: 180718, membre: 10053"]
Je ne peux pas croire qu'ils sont allés mettre cette même radio de merde sur ce bahemoth à l'échelle 1/7 !!

Sérieusement, quelqu'un va être blessé.
[/CITATION]
Talk about terrible music choices....

I thought the same thing. :ROFLMAO:
What is this church music with a truck from Arrma. :(:ROFLMAO:
Yvan

[QUOTE = "Wmorgan, post: 180718, membre: 10053"]
Je ne peux pas croire qu'ils sont allés mettre cette même radio de merde sur ce bahemoth à l'échelle 1/7 !!

Sérieusement, quelqu'un va être blessé.
[/CITATION]

I thought the same thing. :ROFLMAO:
What is this church music with a truck from Arrma. :(:ROFLMAO:
Yvan
New Age House Gospel ??‍♂️

I think I like the silver optional Body and gray wheels the best
View attachment 47532

The new arms look very impressive and the silver, blue and red body is my favorite by far. Too bad it's not offered with the truck. $120 if we want one painted and stickered but will still have to buy the $22 roll cage and $10 roof trim package (where's the gunmetal?)
And $80 for a clear body with decal sheet. Nice that they may stock a clear body this soon (pending.) At least they show one.

I'd be more inclined to buy sooner if they offered this body with gunmetal color trim, roll cage and wheels from the box.
New Age House Gospel ??‍♂️

Bad... stock / free for all / house fusion. ?

The new arms look very impressive and the silver, blue and red body is my favorite by far. Too bad it's not offered with the truck. $120 if we want one painted and stickered but will still have to buy the $22 roll cage and $10 roof trim package (where's the gunmetal?)
And $80 for a clear body with decal sheet. Nice that they may stock a clear body this soon (pending.) At least they show one.

I'd be more inclined to buy sooner if they offered this body with gunmetal color trim, roll cage and wheels from the box.

Bad... stock / free for all / house fusion. ?

Part numbers for the gun metal are at the top right

IMG_1494.jpg

A clear body in desert camo would look good too

I see parts, more parts ,to make more different versions with the parts I already have. Hmm, arms, chassis plate ,body, wheels, different sizes, I just bought hoons for my senton street setup, now i need this wheel tire combo also. I like the grey body best tooo, that whole setup would temp me to buy a one, but seeing how its only avail separate, I prob will buy just the bare min parts to play with and see what I can make work. Im still hopeing for a 8s monster for Xmas for me. Pleeeeeaassse ARRMA?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back