Kraton New Arrma stainless steel skid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any real world experience with this skid plate ? Seems great to have a steel skid which would hopefully last a while but the bumper portion is what gives me pause. Appears to potentially shear off the bolts or damage the chassis on impact since that stiff steel would do little to absorb that energy.

I have this one on my EXB. Seems really nice. Not much abuse yet.

No shearing, but I landed on the rear (broke wind mount kinda landing) and it bent the skid inwards. I'm going to bend it back outwards and reinstall my rear bumper. The skid is not the strongest steel, and that's a good thing. I'm going to keep it on until I figure out how to put a bigger rear bumper on.

20210421_181526.jpg

If you want a skid plate that is going to last you would want regular steel or titanium.

The ebay rear bumber came in today, looks awesome! But it's pretty dang heavy 😕
I'll try it for a bit but might just go back the the RPM plastic skid plate, not sure yet.
The quality on this is pretty good, nice and polished on the outside, the inside had some metal burs I cleaned up, also polished it with a Dremel because you can see that side of the bumper from the top looking down. Another issue is the screws don't seat all the way down in the skid plate so basically the screws will hit before the skid plate, ill have to countersink them more. But I'm happy with it.. minus the weight haha

20210508_175606.jpg

20210508_201557.jpg

The ebay rear bumber came in today, looks awesome! But it's pretty dang heavy 😕
I'll try it for a bit but might just go back the the RPM plastic skid plate, not sure yet.
The quality on this is pretty good, nice and polished on the outside, the inside had some metal burs I cleaned up, also polished it with a Dremel because you can see that side of the bumper from the top looking down. Another issue is the screws don't seat all the way down in the skid plate so basically the screws will hit before the skid plate, ill have to countersink them more. But I'm happy with it.. minus the weight haha

View attachment 144606

View attachment 144607
I like how that looks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back