New Arrma Vehicle - Arrma Nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a diff brain?
Is this Arrma's version of the Traxxas control technology?

What is a diff brain?
i believe locking diffs
[DOUBLEPOST=1464042927][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is a diff brain?
"The specially designed ARRMA NERO 'Diff Brain' is fitted with three separate, lockable metal differentials, helping you to truly harness all the crazy 6S speed and torque. The 'Diff Brain' also means that the NERO is essentially four awesome vehicles in one: Blast, Wheelie, Drift and Climb. Don't be afraid."

i believe locking diffs
[DOUBLEPOST=1464042927][/DOUBLEPOST]
"The specially designed ARRMA NERO 'Diff Brain' is fitted with three separate, lockable metal differentials, helping you to truly harness all the crazy 6S speed and torque. The 'Diff Brain' also means that the NERO is essentially four awesome vehicles in one: Blast, Wheelie, Drift and Climb. Don't be afraid."

No doubt Justin, differentials are a topic I will need more familiarity with from Rockslide crawler plus I can see my Arrmas lose control from unevenower distribution to the wheels.
Some of that is probably from bad slipper clutch adjustment. ;)

I like the look of the truck..... Can't wait to see some unboxing and bashing videos because I won't be making them that's for sure :D

It looks really impressive.
And diff-lock from the transmitter is something new for a non crawler vehicle.

Nevertheless this brain is BS: a brain can think of itself.
Here the user needs to use his brain in order to select one of those 4 modes by hand from the transmitter o_O

Nice vehicle, but marketing wise :mad:

I wonder how the suspension articulation will be like, looks like a summit/revo competitor

I believe Traxxas even has a patent on that type of design.

It is a commonly used type of suspension in motor and car racing. Among other Indy car an F1 use this for a long time.

How can Traxxas get a patent on already existing technology?

The biggest benefit is less inertia for the suspended parts of the car, which result in better contact with the road, thus better handling.

And you can build your vehicle low, which lowers the C of G, which also enhances handling.

Also a new motor and ESC.
But for a X- Maxx 1/6 scale price...

How can Traxxas get a patent on already existing technology?
Traxxas does have a patent and has gone after Vaterra in the Twin Hammer RC to which Vaterra released part #: VTR234004.

I'm not a patent lawyer nor do I know all the details about the Traxxas vs Vaterra design, just simply stating the first thing I thought of was how similar it looked to the Traxxas Revo design.

I do have a smaller SCT - the Losi Rockstar. :) A bigger one will come; just not for a few months after the Nero.

It looks really impressive.
And diff-lock from the transmitter is something new for a non crawler vehicle.

Nevertheless this brain is BS: a brain can think of itself.
Here the user needs to use his brain in order to select one of those 4 modes by hand from the transmitter o_O

Nice vehicle, but marketing wise :mad:
I totally agreed with you Unusual RC! At first I thought the new Nero would equipped with some sort of Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) that the differential will self-adjusting at any terrain without the driver input. Oh yes, is a marketing strategy to get people (like us) attention. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back