New Arrma Vorteks 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where does this “new” vehicle fit into the lineup? Does it replace an existing vehicle? Is it more for road use or more for bashing like a BLX Granite/Big Rock?

Where does this “new” vehicle fit into the lineup? Does it replace an existing vehicle? Is it more for road use or more for bashing like a BLX Granite/Big Rock?
It is like how traxxas has the stampede, hoss and rustler. The vortex is like a Rustler 4x4.

It is like how traxxas has the stampede, hoss and rustler. The vortex is like a Rustler 4x4.
Yup basically Arrmas version of the Rustler 4x4. People have been asking for 4wd stadium trucks for a long time, not many on the market even currently, you basically have the Tekno ET410, Traxxas Rustler 4x4 and the Hobao Hyper TTe.

I think the higher speeds comes from the 3700kv motor instead of the 3200kv from the other 3s models?! And probably other pinion too off course.
If I saw it right in the video.

It's a 3660 3200 KV motor - same as the other 3s models. My guess is the bigger tires giving it the speed boost.

3200kv.jpg

I don't see this as a "V1" really considering the platform and how many times its been tweeked/updated. The servo will most likely always be crap to keep the price of production down but I really wouldn't paying an extra $30 for a good servo and not having to take it apart to install a better one lol

The only thing thats changed is a new ESC from the looks of it. Maybe thats whats giving it more power....

So now this is 2 new Arrmas leaked / shown without Armmas website announcing ? Why does Arrma hesitate , you wait to long , someone else is gonna be impatient and show it !!!!

I'm pretty sure that Malaysian hobby shop was not allowed to leak this info. The way I understand it, the way it usually works is that they set a release date and send production samples to shops and reviewers in advance so that videos are coming out on Youtube at the same time as the official announcement. The shops and youtubers receiving these in advance probably have to sign an NDA stating that they agree not to leak info before the planned release date.

My guess is that something went wrong with the legal stuff and MSH weren't asked to sign an NDA, or they signed it and they just don't care. If that's the case, these are probably the last Arrma samples they get.

Motor,tires,body and bumpers... that's all I noticed different then a granite.. 🤔 I will pass... hopefully the 4s line will have a better change up.
Front shocks appear to be shorter.
I'm pretty sure that Malaysian hobby shop was not allowed to leak this info. The way I understand it, the way it usually works is that they set a release date and send production samples to shops and reviewers in advance so that videos are coming out on Youtube at the same time as the official announcement. The shops and youtubers receiving these in advance probably have to sign an NDA stating that they agree not to leak info before the planned release date.

My guess is that something went wrong with the legal stuff and MSH weren't asked to sign an NDA, or they signed it and they just don't care. If that's the case, these are probably the last Arrma samples they get.
I still remember when Jaytee RC accidentally posted his unboxing video of the 2019 Outcast like a month before the 2019 models came out it was up long enough for people to get screen shots and stuff of it.

I combined the two threads about the Vorteks into one thread, I could have swore I saw a third thread someplace.

Last edited:
Front shocks appear to be shorter.

I still remember when Jaytee RC accidentally posted his unboxing video of the 2019 Outcast like a month before the 2019 models came out it was up long enough for people to get screen shots and stuff of it.

I combined the two threads about the Vorteks into one thread, I could have swore I saw a third thread someplace.
Just want something a little more then spare parts thrown together. Imo not impressed... That 8k exb however... I am all over that.

Wasn't there some drama recently also with Aussie RC Playground sharing a picture to someone privately, which then got leaked out? I don't really know the details, but I recall it was something along those lines and it escalated rather quickly.

Companies (understandably) want to keep the control on the information regarding new releases, but that can be difficult when so many people not on the payroll are involved.

One strategy I don't think I've seen for RCs is the fake spy shot, where a photo revealing a bit of info is leaked out on purpose, just to generate some hype around the upcoming product. This is generaly great fuel for internet forums... 😆

Just want something a little more then spare parts thrown together. Imo not impressed... That 8k exb however... I am all over that.
That is what a lot of companies do. I see you bought a Notorious all it is is an Outcast with a different body, you should have seen how pissed off people were at Arrma for that one, especially after all the hype and teasers they put out over it. The Big Rock and the 3s Typhon aside from body and tires are the same vehicle, the Infraction, Limitless and Felony are essentially the same vehicle with a different body.

This is how things work in this hobby. They aren't going to reinvent the wheel to release a new vehicle based on a preexisting platform.

That is what a lot of companies do. I see you bought a Notorious all it is is an Outcast with a different body, you should have seen how pissed off people were at Arrma for that one, especially after all the hype and teasers they put out over it. The Big Rock and the 3s Typhon aside from body and tires are the same vehicle, the Infraction, Limitless and Felony are essentially the same vehicle with a different body.

This is how things work in this hobby. They aren't going to reinvent the wheel to release a new vehicle based on a preexisting platform.
Yeah I completely get it. Been in the hobby for a long time. I understand arrma has most platforms covered from sct,buggy,truggy and so on... I would just love to see something fresh and new from them on a scale smaller then 1/5ish. I have high Hope's they did something amazing with the 4s line. Fingers crossed.
What's the other one?
Kraton 8s exb

Yeah I completely get it. Been in the hobby for a long time. I understand arrma has most platforms covered from sct,buggy,truggy and so on... I would just love to see something fresh and new from them on a scale smaller then 1/5ish. I have high Hope's they did something amazing with the 4s line. Fingers crossed.

Kraton 8s exb
I see a lot of people wanting a mini so I am hoping that Arrma can come up with something nice like the LC Racing EMB series or the Team Associated 14B/T.

I see a lot of people wanting a mini so I am hoping that Arrma can come up with something nice like the LC Racing EMB series or the Team Associated 14B/T.
I would definitely be game for that. 4x4 1/14 or 1/16 3s capable would have me really excited.

If the price is right, I will definitely get this!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back