Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

New Arrma Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by yodazoo976, Oct 19, 2015.

1. yodazoo976

yodazoo976 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    So I decided to get new wheels and tires for the track I run on. Proline Blockades it is!

C721691B-BB30-4C4F-B653-F1F89CD8B7EF_zpsmqqpabmz.jpg

65134F4E-9963-47FF-8801-FE7F7D1CE5CC_zps2m7oswav.jpg

Has anyone done the "tire strapping" with success using duct tape before? I am thinking of giving it a try with these tires.

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

Looking forward to your thoughts about the Proline blockade tires. I know many people that are happy with them.

As for the strapping, I've done this before with my large scale RC's as it's almost a requirement and duct tape does in fact work very well.

3. yodazoo976

yodazoo976 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    So I was impressed how much traction the blockades offered. With the new tires and the new arrma wheels with the full rim I was getting on two wheels in the turns again, amazing traction. I may have to adjust suspension to compensate for the new traction. The only problem I had was that the track surface is high grip sugar with dust on it, and braking after the long straight caused the pins to get shredded off the tires.

F6D2C437-C53F-4E85-B70B-86DA842A7AF2_zpsbyzogygg.jpg
    1A0DDB7D-4E61-4109-A3DF-E4CA095A026C_zps1ofkli5c.jpg

7C2D7F04-3CE9-4A82-86A1-4ED59F2BBCFF_zpstascajzb.jpg

Also taping or "strapping" the tires made for much more predictable and linear acceleration on the straights.

This is my first experience with pin style tires, I am thinking that my next ones may be smaller clay style pins like the jconceps bar codes or proline suburbs. Has anyone else had the pins rip off after a day of driving?

4. dpricenator

dpricenator Premium Member!
    Premium Member Excellence Award

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    The pins ripped off the tire on my buggy in one day, but I was basically drifting a softball diamond for and hour, so they saw lots of shredding action very quickly.

FatherZeroCool likes this.
  • Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer