New Arrma Wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yodazoo976

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
So I decided to get new wheels and tires for the track I run on. Proline Blockades it is!

C721691B-BB30-4C4F-B653-F1F89CD8B7EF_zpsmqqpabmz.jpg

65134F4E-9963-47FF-8801-FE7F7D1CE5CC_zps2m7oswav.jpg

Has anyone done the "tire strapping" with success using duct tape before? I am thinking of giving it a try with these tires.

Looking forward to your thoughts about the Proline blockade tires. I know many people that are happy with them.

As for the strapping, I've done this before with my large scale RC's as it's almost a requirement and duct tape does in fact work very well.

So I was impressed how much traction the blockades offered. With the new tires and the new arrma wheels with the full rim I was getting on two wheels in the turns again, amazing traction. I may have to adjust suspension to compensate for the new traction. The only problem I had was that the track surface is high grip sugar with dust on it, and braking after the long straight caused the pins to get shredded off the tires.

F6D2C437-C53F-4E85-B70B-86DA842A7AF2_zpsbyzogygg.jpg

1A0DDB7D-4E61-4109-A3DF-E4CA095A026C_zps1ofkli5c.jpg

7C2D7F04-3CE9-4A82-86A1-4ED59F2BBCFF_zpstascajzb.jpg

Also taping or "strapping" the tires made for much more predictable and linear acceleration on the straights.

This is my first experience with pin style tires, I am thinking that my next ones may be smaller clay style pins like the jconceps bar codes or proline suburbs. Has anyone else had the pins rip off after a day of driving?

The pins ripped off the tire on my buggy in one day, but I was basically drifting a softball diamond for and hour, so they saw lots of shredding action very quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back