Kraton New Belted MX38 Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in how the Prolines are holding up and if you still like them vs the Backflips.
My Kryton is ready for new tires and am leaning towards the belted MX38. but the Backflips are a lot cheaper. I don't send my truck and run mainly on grass/dirt/rock tracks. I've been happy with the Copperheads so far. The replaceable hub in the Proline wheel is a nice option too.

T
I'm interested in how the Prolines are holding up and if you still like them vs the Backflips.
My Kryton is ready for new tires and am leaning towards the belted MX38. but the Backflips are a lot cheaper. I don't send my truck and run mainly on grass/dirt/rock tracks. I've been happy with the Copperheads so far. The replaceable hub in the Proline wheel is a nice option too.
They need to be replaceable because they crack. Stick with the Copperhead 2's ???

The Badlands HP’s, yes. They are holding up well! I had previously complained that the edge of the glue at the bead was separating but I went to look at my Backflips and they are the same way. The tires never actually came off at any point. I did however put thicker fluid in the front diff because Proline says, when you scan the QR code on the card that comes with the tires, be careful of diffing out, it can cause the lifting tire to go beyond its speed limit of 75mph. It still does 40mph standing back flips, still gets up easy when it flips over. I love the road traction. It’s nice to have a good jack of all trades tire.
One more thing; the motor runs a few degrees hotter with these tires, being a little heavier as expected.

Last edited:
The Badlands HP’s, yes. They are holding up well! I had previously complained that the edge of the glue at the bead was separating but I went to look at my Backflips and they are the same way. The tires never actually came off at any point. I did however put thicker fluid in the front diff because Proline says, when you scan the QR code on the card that comes with the tires, be careful of diffing out, it can cause the lifting tire to go beyond its speed limit of 75mph. It still does 40mph standing back flips, still gets up easy when it flips over. I love the road traction. It’s nice to have a good jack of all trades tire.

One more thing; the motor runs a few degrees hotter with these tires, being a little heavier as expected.
I’m not having motor heat issues 130-150 typical. The added 8oz or so for all four tires is a bit concerning for handling and acceleration. I’m currently not having ballooning problem with the copperheads with how I use my truck. What weight oiled did you use?

Im not having heat issues either. I’m using 60k for the front. Mine gets up like a bat out of hell but that’s because I have a Max6 and 4985 1650Kv and 20t to make the weight of tires no big deal. I believe, if you have upgraded the motor and your center diff fluid is now too thin, it may effect acceleration because mine would roast the fronts and take off slow when I still had stock fluid after I put the 4985 in. I have 500k in the center and 30k in the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back