New big rock body and paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boomer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Afternoon all. Just finished painting a 1976 Ford F150 shell for the big rock. Couple of minor paint bleeds but overall, not too bad. Need to charge up and go for a drive now!

IMG_20210307_125853.jpg

IMG_20210307_125919__01__01.jpg

IMG_20210307_125752__01.jpg

IMG_20210307_125801__01.jpg

IMG_20210307_125818.jpg

We're gonna need a bigger boat!
Body looks sweet! Lines up perfect also with the wheels great job! Not a Ford fan but again this turned out great that side view is👌
Thanks. Not a lot of choice out there for the big rock and I wanted something a little more retro. Only thing I could find that fit!

Absolutely awsome bro, but were did you find a body everyone is sold out that I see

Wow! Looks fantastic. How do you get the chrome effect on the bumpers and bed strips? I wanted to the front bumper of my c-10 chrome but I just went body color. I was thinking nail polish or something but I thought it wouldn’t look right. Is there a spray that you used? My hobby shop didn’t have any chrome offerings.
Where did you get the mirrors? Love them!

Last edited:
Wow! Looks fantastic. How do you get the chrome effect on the bumpers and bed strips? I wanted to the front bumper of my c-10 chrome but I just went body color. I was thinking nail polish or something but I thought it wouldn’t look right. Is there a spray that you used? My hobby shop didn’t have any chrome offerings.
The bumpers are separate part of the body (Carisma f150 shell) which you then attach, so no painting needed fortunately! I used pin stripping tape to create the lines on the bed. Removed them after the red, then used anodised silver ps48 tamiya paint.

I wonder if you switch the rear body mounts to some from this set:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320357
If it would allow the rear to sit down flush?
I got the body mount kit when I did my new body but it sit down level and I didn’t have to use any new posts. Just a thought, you might like the raked stance better. Looks good either way!

The bumpers are separate part of the body (Carisma f150 shell) which you then attach, so no painting needed fortunately! I used pin stripping tape to create the lines on the bed. Removed them after the red, then used anodised silver ps48 tamiya paint.
Oh I see. Did the mirrors come with the body as well? I’ll have to order up that paint and try it on the next one
Wow I just noticed the wipers too! That is so cool. What brand of body is that? Did it come with the accessories like mirrors bumpers and wipers or is that all separate?
Oh I see. Did the mirrors come with the body as well? I’ll have to order up that paint and try it on the next one
Wow I just noticed the wipers too! That is so cool. What brand of body is that? Did it come with the accessories like mirrors bumpers and wipers or is that all separate?
Oh sorry just re-read yore post. Carisma

Oh sorry just re-read yore post. Carisma
Yes, all the accessories (mirrors etc) come with the body. It's not particularly practical for bashing, but I've got enough of those type of bodies so thought I'd have a good at something a little more scale for street running. Got some lights coming for it which hopefully will look ok.

I wonder if you switch the rear body mounts to some from this set:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320357
If it would allow the rear to sit down flush?
I got the body mount kit when I did my new body but it sit down level and I didn’t have to use any new posts. Just a thought, you might like the raked stance better. Looks good either way!
I usually run a wing on which means the mount has to sit a little higher to clear the body. But it's just a case of taking the wing mount off and dropping the body posts again if I wanted it to sit flat. 2 minute job.

IMG_20210207_103352.jpg

I usually run a wing on which means the mount has to sit a little higher to clear the body. But it's just a case of taking the wing mount off and dropping the body posts again if I wanted it to sit flat. 2 minute job.

View attachment 130696

View attachment 130696
Love that wing. Can you post a link to it where to purchase?

Love that wing. Can you post a link to it where to purchase?
Thanks. It's the Typhon 3s wing. This YouTube video shows you how to do it and what parts you need. Part numbers etc in the description. You can fit an outcast wing as well if you want a slightly smaller one.

Thanks. It's the Typhon 3s wing. This YouTube video shows you how to do it and what parts you need. Part numbers etc in the description. You can fit an outcast wing as well if you want a slightly smaller one.

Thanks man! I love the way it looks. Size seems
Perfect too

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back