Big Rock New Big Rock, couple questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadienbcn

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Hi all, just got myself a new Big Rock 3S and already bent a shock piston on my very first run. I'm wondering if the stick shocks are a weak point on this truck and I should just upgrade them right now, or just replace with a new stock shock?

As a separate question, does anyone know if there is an alternative solution for mounting the body instead of the clips? I was hoping for something like the proline kits where you can screw on the cap, but I can't seem to find anything like that for the Big Rock. Was hoping maybe there is some other solution because those clips are tearing my fingers apart already...

As a separate question, does anyone know if there is an alternative solution for mounting the body instead of the clips? I was hoping for something like the proline kits where you can screw on the cap, but I can't seem to find anything like that for the Big Rock. Was hoping maybe there is some other solution because those clips are tearing my fingers apart already...

The clips on my Granite and Typhon were killing me too. I broke one of the clip retainers and ordered a new set of AR390165 body clips - according to the parts list, these are the correct 1/10 scale body clips for the 3S cars. They are actually much smaller than the clips that came with my Granite and Typhon. The one on the bottom is what came with both my Granite and Typhon. I suspect that these are the 1/8 scale body clips for the 6S line - AR390178. The one in the middle is AR390165 and the one on the top a Traxxas 1/10 scale body clip. I've now switched both the Granite and Typhon to the proper 1/10 clips and they are so much easier to deal with. Measure the length of your clips - if they are an inch long, you got the 1/8 scale clips too. The 1/10 clips will be around 0.85 inches long.

Clips.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, just got myself a new Big Rock 3S and already bent a shock piston on my very first run. I'm wondering if the stick shocks are a weak point on this truck and I should just upgrade them right now, or just replace with a new stock shock?

I haven't had any issues yet. I suggest you contact Horizon and see if they can assist you.

You can always upgrade your shocks to the Hot Racing bodies, you'll need the stock shafts or get the Typhon 6s shocks. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny! This is what I use on my BR and Granite.

You can always upgrade your shocks to the Hot Racing bodies, you'll need the stock shafts or get the Typhon 6s shocks. They aren't cheap, but worth every penny! This is what I use on my BR and Granite.
Ditto, I love the 6s Typhon shocks on my BRCC. I'm going on 2 years with them. No issues.

I use velcro on body and it works great. Got idea on here while back. Holds tight. Haven’t had and issue

Thanks all for the replies! For now I decided to just stick with stock replacements on the shocks as my local hobby store had them. I will definitely look into the 6S Typhon shocks too.

I haven't had any issues yet. I suggest you contact Horizon and see if they can assist you.
That was the advice I got from my hobby shop as well. Gonna give it a try.
The clips on my Granite and Typhon were killing me too. I broke one of the clip retainers and ordered a new set of AR390165 body clips - according to the parts list, these are the correct 1/10 scale body clips for the 3S cars. They are actually much smaller than the clips that came with my Granite and Typhon. The one on the bottom is what came with both my Granite and Typhon. I suspect that these are the 1/8 scale body clips for the 6S line - AR390178. The one in the middle is AR390165 and the one on the top a Traxxas 1/10 scale body clip. I've now switched both the Granite and Typhon to the proper 1/10 clips and they are so much easier to deal with. Measure the length of your clips - if they are an inch long, you got the 1/8 scale clips too. The 1/10 clips will be around 0.85 inches long.

View attachment 102321
I didn't measure the clips directly, but I did compare them to the clips on my Slash and they are the exact same size. The Arrma ones seem much stiffer to me in comparison to the Traxxas ones.... looking at some of the other replies here I think I have a few good options to try!

Yeah the stock clips are finger busters. Top pic is Traxxas 10 scale and the thinner one is so much easier to remove, you can find them on Ebay for cheap depending on how many in the package. Also the 90 degree clips are super easy to remove and come in various thickness also.
20200610_003739.jpg
20201001_232505.jpg

You can also make your own bent clips. Just take a regular body clip and two pliers, and bend them at the angle you want. I prefer 45 degrees so they're easy to remove, but don't catch on stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back