Big Rock New Big Rock issue with throttle lag

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCnoob13

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have had my Big rock for about a week and I am having some issues with the throttle lagging and reverse not working without engaging the reverse at least twice. Also noticed yesterday that range on the transmitter has reduced to about 200 ft. Seemed to be fine the first couple batteries. I have recalibrated the ESC, changed batteries in the transmitter, and adjusted the punch settings with no change.

I noticed today that the lag gets worse after about 10 minutes of running.

Any help would be appreciated.

All stock.

Any recommendations on a better transmitter/Receiver combo?
I use the Radiolink RC6GS V2 and it has been great so far, the throttle trigger is super sensitive and nice.

I am having some issues with the throttle lagging and reverse not working without engaging the reverse at least twice.
That's normal. The first time you hit reverse is to brake. The second time you hit reverse it will go backwards. Otherwise, when you would start going backwards every time you wanted to brake and slow down.

I don't know why you're having reduced range. Maybe check that the receiver antenna is fully extended.

All stock.

Any recommendations on a better transmitter/Receiver combo?
Radiolink RC4GS/6GS $60./$80. (4ch/6ch) Your choice. Otherwise same identical radios. Both are Multiimodel radios.(y) Best range available at this price point. I have the RC6GS. Also have the NB4, and DX5C (far from my favorite)

Last edited:
That's normal. The first time you hit reverse is to brake. The second time you hit reverse it will go backwards. Otherwise, when you would start going backwards every time you wanted to brake and slow down.

I don't know why you're having reduced range. Maybe check that the receiver antenna is fully extended.
GRC, thank you for the repy. the reverse is not working is from a dead stop. frigured out the brake/reverse pretty quick. this issue is after a dead stop or spin out then needing to go in reverse. have to hit full back two or three times before the truck responds.

GRC, thank you for the repy. the reverse is not working is from a dead stop. frigured out the brake/reverse pretty quick. this issue is after a dead stop or spin out then needing to go in reverse. have to hit full back two or three times before the truck responds.
Is the throttle trim set to neutral before you recalibrate the ESC/transmitter?

Is the throttle trim set to neutral before you recalibrate the ESC/transmitter?
Yes. Talked with Amain Hobbies today and was told by a tech the lag is normal for unbound motor/ESC combo.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back