Big Rock New Big Rock version in october?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! It's my first post here, but my son and I have been enjoying many enjoyable posts here for a while. Thank you all! My son is rigorously saving to get the Big Rock - his dream RC.
Now on to the question. The Big Rock is now not available here in Sweden, and from what I understand it may be because of an "illegal" diff gasket. So to calm my son down I went for a google. On the european Horizonhobby site there is a Big Rock version 3B up for preorder. Available in october it says. The specs seems to me like exactly the same as the V3. BUT there is a 50 euro price increase (over the V3's 359 eur pricetag). Is this a covid-price or am I missing some great upgrade? I can't see it on the US Horizon site.
The reason I'm asking is that my son's heart dropped when he saw this and went "I give up!".
Any of you oracles with some sweet info on the B- version?
Thank you!
Not sure on the gasket, but Arrma recently released the Vorteks stadium truck. it's basically the same truck except the chassis arms and shocktowers. it also has the upgrade esc (Spektrum Firma) and an upgraded radio with a built in gyro. it had a 40.00 bump in price ($319 vs $359), there has been a $50.00 bump due to the recent supply changes, but the difference remained the same. I assume the BR will, as all the other 3s models will, receive the same upgrades.

I do understand your sons frustration, I'm on a budget as well, but the upgrades should be worth it, the gyro especially. I kind of had the same thought 1 month after buying my BR (Love it though)) and seeing the Vorteks with the upgrades. If I had of known i might have waited

Oh great super fast responses. Thanks!
It feels logical for them to keep track of the european mod like that. And I totally agree that they have to keep up with increased material and component prices. I want the Arrma brand to keep on truckin! Lovely brand!
But some part of me still feel that there is a price limit for each rc-line. The 3s line, for me, reached that limit now. It was really attractive with its earlier prices though.
And from what I understand from reading forums and youtube the motormount and servo are not on par with the car and almost a certain additional cost. That make this car a bit too expensive, I think.
I will probably pitch in the additional 50 euros for my son to get the Big Rock when it arrives, just because that has been his saving goal fo a long time. And make our opinion about its value. But i will not get two of them as planned. That is too much. But I admit that I may be an over-anxious rc-noob:) Do you all feel that this is still a good value car considering all the " must dos"?
Thank you for joining.in.....thank you for trying to make your son's wishes come true.....

I do not have a Big Rock, but have heard a lot of good about them.....and most who have one really like them......

I understand about the financial aspect......get one......enjoy.....and.....

Who knows? Maybe a second one in time.....

Welcome aboard!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back