Big Rock New big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashpal

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just got my big rock today and took it out for it’s first blast and what a machine it is compared to r.c’s I had 25-35 years ago. Maybe a silly question but is the storage voltage for my 3s battery 3.7-3.8 per cell? I have got my battery on discharge And each cell is reading 3.74-3.74-3.73 at the moment will the charger alert when it has reached optimum level the same as when it is fully charged. Thanks.
Just got my big rock today and took it out for it’s first blast and what a machine it is compared to r.c’s I had 25-35 years ago. Maybe a silly question but is the storage voltage for my 3s battery 3.7-3.8 per cell? I have got my battery on discharge And each cell is reading 3.74-3.74-3.73 at the moment will the charger alert when it has reached optimum level the same as when it is fully charged. Thanks.
Battery on storage charge not discharge.

Last edited:
I guess that would depend on what charger you have. Personally I use the Spectrum smart batteries with the Spectrum S2100 smart charger. I have the storage charge set to 3.8volts per cell and when it reaches that parameter the charger beeps to let me know it is done.

I guess that would depend on what charger you have. Personally I use the Spectrum smart batteries with the Spectrum S2100 smart charger. I have the storage charge set to 3.8volts per cell and when it reaches that parameter the charger beeps to let me know it is done.
Thanks for the reply, I have the overlander rc6- vsr .

Not to familiar with that charger as it seems to be from the UK. Whether it beeps or not I'm not sure, but it should turn off when charging or storage charging is done. Are you still having trouble, or has it completed its cycle ?

All of the cells are at 3.83v so I assume they have to reach 3.85v. 🙂

Done now.
I believe that is a parameter that you can set. As I mentioned before, I have my storage charge set to 3.8v per cell so it sounds like your in the ballpark 👍 Have fun with your new Big Rock, I know I have !

Where did you get the big rock? I’ve been searching with no luck.
They've been out all over. I got mine a month ago from Tower Hobbies and the guy said I got the last one they had. More to come they say. I guess it's the luck of the draw with local hobby shops.
They've been out all over. I got mine a month ago from Tower Hobbies and the guy said I got the last one they had. More to come they say. I guess it's the luck of the draw with local hobby shops.
Horizon Hobby claims next shipment is April.

I believe that is a parameter that you can set. As I mentioned before, I have my storage charge set to 3.8v per cell so it sounds like your in the ballpark 👍 Have fun with your new Big Rock, I know I have !
Yeh thanks.🙂
Where did you get the big rock? I’ve been searching with no luck.
Ordered mine Tuesday and received today(Thursday) I am in the uk.🙂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back