New Body, Fresh Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris M

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Just finished up airbrushing a body for my Talion. Considering it is only my second time ever, i think it turned out pretty good.
Talion Front R.jpg
Talion Side R.jpg
Talion Top.jpg

The body is a Pro Line War Hawk. It is for a Mugen MBX8T, I think it fits the Talion well. Colors used were Auto Air Blood Red Candy2o, Faskolor Faskrome, Wicked Black, and Wicked White. And a mix of the black and white for the gray graphic. All sprayed with a Iwata Eclipse airbrush.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great comments guys, they are appreciated. I am already thinking of getting another body or two to paint up. I kinda like doing it. I have a couple of more colors I'd like to try, as well as a few graphic ideas.

Great job looks fast.
Easily Added 10 MPH to my top speed:ROFLMAO:

You should do this for money.
I guess that sounds good in theory, I like doing it, and they say "if you love your job you never work a day in your life". But an average paint job is what $100-$125. I got to develop some speed first otherwise I would make like $10 an hour!

How did you do the silver graphics on the hood/roof/bed?

I drew the graphics on the outside of the body to come up with an idea of what I thought I might like. I then brushed on liquid film mask on the inside, and when it dried I cut out the design that was drawn on the outside by hand.

I sprayed all the black first, in the checker flag, the pinstripe around the windows, and the grill, headlights and accents.
After that, I peeled off the mask for the gray graphic sections and sprayed them.
The next step was to spray all the blood red candy over the body.
Then came the silver pinstripe area. I peeled the mask in those areas and sprayed the silver pinstripe areas while also backing the candy red with silver to give it the metallic effect.
I then peeled the mask in the white checkered flag area and sprayed them.
And then finally the whole body was sprayed with black.

Looks great! Airbrushing is 90% prep and clean up, 10% painting so I understand the amount of time it takes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back