Typhon New Body, Pain Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typhon body is done. 9 coats of the spazstiks color change paint - green/purple/teal, with a bit of spazstiks Ultimate Chrome for trim. looks solid green metallic in my kitchen light. can't wait to see it in the sun.
20161202_190617.jpg
20161202_190632.jpg

Attachments

• 20161202_193917.jpg
    20161202_193917.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 48
Owwwwww WOW !!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
What a thread !!!! I really enjoyed going through this . Great idea to practice on the drink bottles first.
The typhon turned out sensational !!! Two big thumbs up from me :):)
Great ideas !! . The Pokemon theme was cool .... but i think the way it ended up was PERFECT !! :eek::D:D:cool:
Great job !!:):):)

Is that fishing lure a Team Associated RC10B of some sort? Was that you on URC that had all the threads with the vintage Team Associated RC10s?

Fishing lure car is a Losi XX-CR. And nope, I don't have a collection of RC10's. But I did get my son one of the Re-Re- RC10WC's last year. :)

And Thanks RcA!

Fishing lure car is a Losi XX-CR. And nope, I don't have a collection of RC10's. But I did get my son one of the Re-Re- RC10WC's last year. :)

And Thanks RcA!
Great now I am going to be racking my brain all day trying to figure out who that was, I really loved reading through those threads.

Is there a logical reason for using those ugly plain white wheels you see on a lot of buggies? :confused:

Superb paint job, btw.

Racing wheels, white or day-glo yellow for visibility.. On the track, I can tell a big difference between running my white wheels vs my black split-six rims. With the white wheels, I feel more 'locked in' to what the buggy is doing on the track.

Attachments

• 20160805_233148.jpg
    20160805_233148.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 39
Racing wheels, white or day-glo yellow for visibility.. On the track, I can tell a big difference between running my white wheels vs my black split-six rims. With the white wheels, I feel more 'locked in' to what the buggy is doing on the track.
I find my RC10B2 much easier to drive when I have my white or yellow rims on it compared to the black rims that I have.

For bashing, I don't think it matters much. But for racing, you gotta be able to see every move your car makes. I have though of painting another body, some bright color just for track visibility. On another thread, I posted my son's bright yellow Kraton - again, I can see it better on the track vs my green body, makes it easier to drive. OTOH, I have a 1/16 truggy with a tan/black desert militia body - between the small size and the tan body blending in with the dirt, I kind of just hope and pray it is pointed the right direction... LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back