Vorteks New body/wing/roof skids screws not tightening

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RubberRolling

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Hello everyone,

I bought a new Vorteks body/wing/roof skids as the used one we bought was pretty beat up. I tried to install the roof skids but the screws don't tighten down at all. One side seems somewhat ok but the other side pulls right off. Am I missing something? Not sure how they could possibly hold up to any sort of skidding around.

Thanks in advance for any help

Vorteks.jpg

Hello everyone,

I bought a new Vorteks body/wing/roof skids as the used one we bought was pretty beat up. I tried to install the roof skids but the screws don't tighten down at all. One side seems somewhat ok but the other side pulls right off. Am I missing something? Not sure how they could possibly hold up to any sort of skidding around.

Thanks in advance for any help

View attachment 274212
If I remember right, they come with plastic screws. So ditch the plastic screws and use metal ones with a washer. That’s what I did.

Thanks for the input, my set came with metal screws
Well then, only you can tell if screw or nut is stripped. Maybe the screws on one side are not threaded all the way up. Something to look for.

Thanks for the input, my set came with metal screws
Might be a stupid question but do you have the other half of the roof skid on the inside of the body for the screws to thread into? If you do, then maybe you should just drill through them and use a longer screw with a nut

Well then, only you can tell if screw or nut is stripped. Maybe the screws on one side are not threaded all the way up. Something to look for.
I'll post pics, it doesn't screw into a nut just another unthreaded piece of plastic.
Might be a stupid question but do you have the other half of the roof skid on the inside of the body for the screws to thread into? If you do, then maybe you should just drill through them and use a longer screw with a nut
Thanks, I'll post some pics to explain a little better
IMG_20230130_124511426.jpg
IMG_20230130_124450917.jpg
IMG_20230130_124502990.jpg

So the one side is somewhat secure but I'm not happy with it since the screws don't actually tighten down all the way. I inspected my old Vorteks body and the screws were secured the same way but were actually tight.

I'll post pics, it doesn't screw into a nut just another unthreaded piece of plastic.

Thanks, I'll post some pics to explain a little better
View attachment 274220View attachment 274222View attachment 274221
So the one side is somewhat secure but I'm not happy with it since the screws don't actually tighten down all the way. I inspected my old Vorteks body and the screws were secured the same way but were actually tight.
Oh right, I remember now. I used longer screws with a nut along with the inside plastic piece. I remember thinking that plastic piece was a stupid way to secure skids.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back