NEW Bronco 2021trx4 More power!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErockPzyk

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
finally got trx4 it is suprising fast in second and can wheelie, want a pinch more speed they say a 21t is close to 2100kv , so is 2800kv to much in second to run continuously, I know the 21t can get warm. And is tekin really worth the price unfortunately its only thing in stock lol. Any info would be great. Going run stock gearing too.

You can't compare the 2 lol , butt and a very strong butttt if I knew what I know now and I had a kraton already, I might choose trx4 over 1/10 scale basher , because , the trx4 a blast to bash and crawl too. My carbon edition kraton exb is my favorite basher it is amazing.

If this is like all of the other 2 speed setups, you are going to need to put on a 39t spur gear from the single speed Sport in order to run a 21t pinion. Otherwise the largest you can go with the 45t stock spur is a 16t.

nErpLL3l.jpg

EDIT: NEVERMIND LOL. I'm so used to brushless motors that I spaced out 21t meaning a 21 turn brushed motor.

Go sensored brushless and don't look back.
Also be an idiot and wedge a Castle 1512 1800kv / Mamba X combo in. I'm running 16/39 gearing on the 2-speed and 2nd gear is hillarious.
PXL_20210409_213310815.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210409_231835372.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
If this is like all of the other 2 speed setups, you are going to need to put on a 39t spur gear from the single speed Sport in order to run a 21t pinion. Otherwise the largest you can go with the 45t stock spur is a 16t.

View attachment 153788
EDIT: NEVERMIND LOL. I'm so used to brushless motors that I spaced out 21t meaning a 21 turn brushed motor.

Go sensored brushless and don't look back.
Also be an idiot and wedge a Castle 1512 1800kv / Mamba X combo in. I'm running 16/39 gearing on the 2-speed and 2nd gear is hillarious. View attachment 153789View attachment 153790

I thought he meant the pinion too.

Castle does have that new Copperhead system, I've been thinking of getting one for my SCX-10 II.

I thought he meant the pinion too.

Castle does have that new Copperhead system, I've been thinking of getting one for my SCX-10 II.

Yeah it seems like a good esc for crawlers. Slightly less $$ for lower operating voltages (4s max, I think?) and a less powerful BEC.

I saw that system as well I really like the way the Mamba x sounds I also love the way the Holmes revolver sounds but doesn't look good for waterproof. I'm mainly concerned if I go with a 3100 KV and stock gearing it will be nice and fast but will overheat and second gear I want to make sure the temps are good I plan on using stock gearing
Tekin also makes some really good products but very pricey. So many choices, and a lot of people say go holmes sensored and don't look back. I really wish I could talk tothe guy who runs EXO cage to RC's channel it looks like he's run just about every type of crawler in motor will definitely have great hands on experience

I have the 550 2800kv Axe system in a TRX6 and its amazing. they only make the 3300kv version in 550 now. I have several of the axe systems and they are nice and reliable. Fusion is pretty sweet too but only 1800kv...
The trx4 would be fine with 2800-3300kv brushless system and you can always gear it down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back