Kraton New build- Big Air SWB/ 1/9th-ish Kraton. Input needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybee223

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hey guys. So I'm building a new truck somewhat from scratch. I'm gonna buy a Notorious 6s roller for the basics and go from there. The idea is to make a beefed up ~1/9th scale kraton. Starting with a SWB(going with the whole M2C kit, with basherqueen towers, etc for some lightness) the plan so far is to use Mojave arms, Team corally motor and ESC, running on 5s power since it will be potentially lighter(powerhobby makes a killer HV graphene 6000mah 120c 5S pack, and the corally motor rips on 5s) and backflip LPs or truggy tires(katars). Everything else is still up in the air.
This is gonna be my big air basher, and while I know no rig is invincible, the beefier arms, shorter driveshafts from being SWB and narrower, and all the bracing and supports being closer together, in theory this rig should hold up to some serious abuse.
I'm looking for some advice from anyone who's been this route or something similar, namely any pros/cons of this route, what shock towers/shocks should I use, diff tuning, and any other helpful advice. Im gonna go all out with this one, probably spend some serious coin so before I get to deep, any help would be appreciated. I saw @Dscracing1320 had a similar build, but was running mojave wheels. I wanna go a little bigger for the extra cushion on landings, but that rig was sick.
Thanks in advance guys.

Hey guys. So I'm building a new truck somewhat from scratch. I'm gonna buy a Notorious 6s roller for the basics and go from there. The idea is to make a beefed up ~1/9th scale kraton. Starting with a SWB(going with the whole M2C kit, with basherqueen towers, etc for some lightness) the plan so far is to use Mojave arms, Team corally motor and ESC, running on 5s power since it will be potentially lighter(powerhobby makes a killer HV graphene 6000mah 120c 5S pack, and the corally motor rips on 5s) and backflip LPs or truggy tires(katars). Everything else is still up in the air.
This is gonna be my big air basher, and while I know no rig is invincible, the beefier arms, shorter driveshafts from being SWB and narrower, and all the bracing and supports being closer together, in theory this rig should hold up to some serious abuse.
I'm looking for some advice from anyone who's been this route or something similar, namely any pros/cons of this route, what shock towers/shocks should I use, diff tuning, and any other helpful advice. Im gonna go all out with this one, probably spend some serious coin so before I get to deep, any help would be appreciated. I saw @Dscracing1320 had a similar build, but was running mojave wheels. I wanna go a little bigger for the extra cushion on landings, but that rig was sick.
Thanks in advance guys.
I kinda have one of these … just completed it actually. With some help from my bash bro in the UK… @BashingBrian 😎
87C836F4-33EA-4071-A47E-BD7F2F1A561F.jpeg
2D55D01D-9F06-47E7-A1EC-3BC8304E3B3C.jpeg
2.8 tires, senton towers, Mojave arms..

I have a Kraton EXB and a Notorious/Outcast 6s. The Noto has every conceivable upgrade from M2C, GKA, Custom Rc Upgrades, Voltage hobbies, Just Bash It Rc, Hot Racing, etc. Thing is a tank now and I can launch it to the moon. Swb makes it a go to for skate parks, which I frequent pretty often. Needs an EXB rear dif though, as the rear seems to be made of glass in this truck. But if I had to pick one big air truck to stick with til the end, the Kraton is just a flying machine. The longer wheel base makes it less squirrelly on the ground and in the air, which translates to better control when approaching and completing a jump. Only upgrade to date is the M2C rear tower braces, and I have a lwb M2C chassis waiting on standby. Big air and single and double flips with ease. I'm a little apprehensive about trying triples because it's shear weight would cause ridiculous damage if landing it wrong on a jump. Body is made of paper mache, so I did invest in an indestructible body from Basherbodies. Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

If you do a search for trugified typhon you’ll find a lot of threads on the vehicle you are building. Mine is basically the size and weight of the Kraton 4s. Probably the hardest part is body mounts. At first I used Senton mounts on typhon towers. Not the best setup. I eventually made my own mounts. For tires I use proline badlands mx2.8. I hear the newer belted version is even better and still lightweight. Not sure about the interchangeable hubs on the new wheels. Not as strong as my older version. Maybe they’re not all two piece idk. My power is the stock blx185 6s motor and esc. Towers are typhon with talion shocks, arms are Mojave with Kraton hubs and axles.
Mine is basically stock Arrma except for a few parts I made. Original v3 typhon chassis has been straightened a few times. I just keep using it because it’s lighter than the m2c. I even run the plastic braces. Also run light batteries 4000-4500mah single 6s packs. I have several instead of running one big one.
It will get an overhaul soon with some of my own carbon bracing, and towers along with that lightweight m2c chassis.
Good luck with the build!

Last edited:
I mean what can I say, she is beautiful.... what shock/towers/body mounts are you using? Have you driven it yet?
Thanks bro 🤘🏻😎 despite being over 100 degrees here where it normally only gets about 82 … I did manage to get her out for a small rip on 4s and I was impressed with how everything was. 👌🏻👌🏻 I really like this truck… one of my new favs… I’ll be getting a m2c light chassis (if they make a V5) for it when the stock 12$ one bends … or maybe I’ll just get a couple more 12$ ones idk.. haha.

senton towers and body mounts with outcast posts and a kraton body cage support with a foam piece on top for support

So I'm thinking I wanna run kraton/outcast shocks for the extra travel they provide. Not sure yet whether I wanna do talion or mojave towers. Would there be any issue running Kraton shocks with either towers. Is anybody running this set up? obviously I'd have to run the collars up pretty high but I'm thinking k6 shocks would work fairly well with a lighter oil or larger piston hole size

So I'm thinking I wanna run kraton/outcast shocks for the extra travel they provide. Not sure yet whether I wanna do talion or mojave towers. Would there be any issue running Kraton shocks with either towers. Is anybody running this set up? obviously I'd have to run the collars up pretty high but I'm thinking k6 shocks would work fairly well with a lighter oil or larger piston hole size
After talking it out with @BashingBrian and seeing what he did with his. I did the same thing as him, typhon shocks, Mojave front springs and talion rear springs. We also both have the m2c shock caps and piston kits. I used 900cst.. thinking it may have been better to use 1000 but with the lightweight setup I am going with it should be good 👌🏻 It’s nice and plush.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back