New Castle 1/6 Mamba Monster X 8s esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
Castle is pulling an Arrma and Beta launching their products with YouTube stars.
RHouse21 has a video that shows its smooth operation and crawling abilities and Innovation RC shows it's power/speed with a 120mph run on 6s. (capable of 8s)

I don't think it will replace the XLX as the best performing speed run ESC. It appears to me they targeted this 1/6 and 1/8 basher market. If it outputs strong reliable, no cogging power, and can stay cool we might have a replacement for the HW max 6 and Max 5 ESCs.

I never trust the beta reviewers. They are required to say good things. Get this thing in the hands of some of our heavy duty bashers with M2C heavy rigs and see how it does!

I don't think it will replace the XLX as the best performing speed run ESC. It appears to me they targeted this 1/6 and 1/8 basher market. If it outputs strong reliable, no cogging power, and can stay cool we might have a replacement for the HW max 6 and Max 5 ESCs.

I never trust the beta reviewers. They are required to say good things. Get this thing in the hands of some of our heavy duty bashers with M2C heavy rigs and see how it does!
You are correct. Castle did elaborate. That it is not a replacement. For the xlx the xlx still Is more capable for the high amp draws It is definitely designed I would say for the heavy rigged 1/8. Bashers

You are correct. Castle did elaborate. That it is not a replacement. For the xlx the xlx still Is more capable for the high amp draws It is definitely designed I would say for the heavy rigged 1/8. Bashers

The fact that it did 120mph on 6s with a 1515 castle 2200kv is an indicator that it outputs some high amperage. More so than the max 6 or max 5. Could be the goto ESC for all uses? Only time will tell.

Based on my experience with the MMX I am going to take a pass. I'm afraid it will have serious heat issues.
That is my exact same fear also. I'm waiting to hear reviews after some real world use.
It does have a large heat sink and 40mm fan so maybe they resolve those issues....

I wish all new ESC Welcome

We need new Monster Max ESCs
We need also new Max 5 and Max 6 V4 now. year 2020.

Please make bad ass stuff to all Arrma Bashers.
We need try TOTALLY new stuff now !!!

Arrma have Improve all the Cars last 2 years like Insane.

Why have not ESC and Motor Makers done this also ?

MORE NEW STUFF NOW PLEASE !!!

I want one Esc that handles 6s 2650kv without heat issues now

:)
GUYS

do you mean the old MAX hobbywing esc is better than the new castle ?
How ?

Last edited:
do you mean the old MAX hobbywing esc is better than the new castle ?
How ?

No one knows that yet until they test it out and report back results. All we have are the 2 beta testers that are financially motivated to say positive things about the new ESC.

This is better than the Max 6 on every level.

Datalogging
Cryo-Drive technology (makes a big difference in temps)
Sensored capability
40mm fan (not a stupid 35mm)
Mounting a mega fan on this will be super easy
Less weight (163g vs 240g)
Made in the USA

This datalog is from Brandon’s Limitless.
B6C1201D-CFCE-4D42-83BF-F18A755A89ED.jpeg

This is better than the Max 6 on every level.

Datalogging
Cryo-Drive technology (makes a big difference in temps)
Sensored capability
40mm fan (not a stupid 35mm)
Mounting a mega fan on this will be super easy
Less weight (163g vs 240g)
Made in the USA

This datalog is from Brandon’s Limitless.
View attachment 64300

10 1/2 HP?! Wow! And those temps!

I had the logs records ESC temps as high as 500 degrees ?
My MMX showed spikes really bad as well, then flat line temps for most of a run around 150F or something like it. Was odd. Not sure their data logging is all that useful in some cases.

One thing I did notice is that it appears they have the sensor and esc leads potted sharing a 15 pin plug (no idea how many, but a lot) with the fan that just sits there for water to rest on. They said the reason my MMX was rebooting for no reason was due to water sitting on that plug... considering I was running in grass that was marginally damp... not the most waterproof if that was the case.

This is good news. I suspect it’ll be a mamba monster x vs mamba monster 2 situation in amperage capability? The new big x will be slightly less powerful than the xlx, but it’ll have more finesse ?

I’m real curious to see this one!

Just did a little bit on the googler. Noted it has the cryo drive function! It proved very well on the sidewinder 4.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back