New Castle 1/6 Mamba Monster X 8s esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fan sucks. I broke mine nearly right away, got a couple of replacements from Castle and broke one of those the next time out. I have M3 nuts spacing out the shroud, FYI.

Currently running a 40mm WTF.

I recently purchased a mmx8 for my Mojave Exb cause I heard it was best recommended for my car . Once I installed all the components my car it was still super slow is there a way that this Esc can top out at a high MPH cause I seen people hot past over 80 mph with this combo . My RTR Mojave 6s was faster than my EXB 8s Mojave si I’m guessing there is something wrong .

I recently purchased a mmx8 for my Mojave Exb cause I heard it was best recommended for my car . Once I installed all the components my car it was still super slow is there a way that this Esc can top out at a high MPH cause I seen people hot past over 80 mph with this combo . My RTR Mojave 6s was faster than my EXB 8s Mojave si I’m guessing there is something wrong .
Which motor did you put in?

Yeah, my first response would be: A different motor with lower kv and no gear adjustment.

As you do mention you went from 6s to 8s. If you put in an 8S motor with less than 1500kv instead of your 2050kv you are likely hitting the rpm limited due to too low gearing. Go for a bigger pinion and keep checking the motor temp whiles you increase teeth. I assume i doesn't really get hot now

Which motor did you put in?
I put the 1717 kv motor that it comes with
I put the 1717 kv motor that it comes with
Should I put a censored wire through it cause I’ve seen other people Mojave able to do wheelies but mine doesn’t
Yeah, my first response would be: A different motor with lower kv and no gear adjustment.

As you do mention you went from 6s to 8s. If you put in an 8S motor with less than 1500kv instead of your 2050kv you are likely hitting the rpm limited due to too low gearing. Go for a bigger pinion and keep checking the motor temp whiles you increase teeth. I assume i doesn't really get hot now
I have a 6s Mojave that has the spektrum software . But for my Exb Mojave I put all different software.

1717 is the motor size. Castle offers a combo with a 1650kv and 1260kv. I assume you have the latter. With a 1650kv you should not notice any problem on top speed with your standard gearing.

Sensored wire (and enabling "Smart sense brushless" at motor type in the software) will make it start better, but not wheelies. Punch control prevents wheelies

Chances are if you are seeing one of those wheelie then they are running very I diff oil in the center. A taller tire will attribute to wheelies as well.

Definitely not the ESC lol, just dropped a MMX8S in my Typhon with the 2050kv spektrum motor and it will do over 100mph. Its the gearing and the lower kv motor👍

Last edited:
Nice! I'm just running 26/34 and first test runs on the new setup and GT body hit 84 on 70% throttle! Definitely a lot more in her still and I've got more gearing too👍
Keep up the good work! There is a lot of excitement in running rcs faster than most real cars will go. I blew the doors off my buddies cayman on a unopened section of hwy

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back