New castle mamba monster x comparison pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Streetsports

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
20200302_191643.jpg
20200302_191655.jpg
20200302_191732.jpg
20200302_191745.jpg
20200302_191854.jpg
20200302_192005.jpg
20200302_192046.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pix. I have a feeling they have another one on the way....6-12s most likely.

I have the combo pre-ordered for my Xmaxx. I think this system would work well with the K8S, but I think you’ll be out of headroom quickly as opposed to the MAX5 / 56-58mm cans. There is a YouTuber out there running this in the K8S with really good results, so time will tell.

Gotta say that I envy the sensored, large can setups in these 25-30lbs rigs...

Nice pix. I have a feeling they have another one on the way....6-12s most likely.

I have the combo pre-ordered for my Xmaxx. I think this system would work well with the K8S, but I think you’ll be out of headroom quickly as opposed to the MAX5 / 56-58mm cans. There is a YouTuber out there running this in the K8S with really good results, so time will tell.

Gotta say that I envy the sensored, large can setups in these 25-30lbs rigs...
a cryo xlx. I agree about the sensored setups. I run max 5's in my large trucks and hate the crappy startup. This will probably go in my limitless. I personally feel like this will be be best for speed but the xlx and max 5 are still best for all out grunt. I'm probably wrong though.we shall see

From what I've seen in videos this thing runs cool. Its gotta be the cryo tech because it doesn't have as much heatsink as it seems. When looking at a side pic you'll see 4 rows of fins before the plastic housing starts. the fins stop there. a little more than halfway across the esc. it's all capacitors after that. The only bad thing I see so far is the power leads. thin and short.

Last edited:
That’s impressive. Especially seeing it’s just a little larger than the Tekin! BTW, where can I find the tubing you used on your wires? That’s beautiful looking man.
Just search "nylon braided sleeving" on amazon or ebay. I use the nylon for rc's but If you wanna get fancy you can use pc power supply wire sleeving. They make it in all types of designs and colors. digital camo, day glow etc. make sure you get the right diameter if you go with the pc sleev because it doesn't expand much. the nylon expands almost double it's original size like a chinese finger trap so it's more forgiving.

Smaller footprint than the 4s esc that comes in the 1/10 maxx lol...I count 7 small caps with the number 35 on them. 35volt caps? I bet this thing has almost no ripple.

I called HH yesterday and asked when my :poop: will be here.. They said most likely early next week. Where did you order that from?

I should have too.. Only thing I absolutely HATE about amain is it comes from Cali and the snail mail takes what seems like years to get here. Alright I guess, the other :poop: I ordered isn't here yet either..

Same reason I try it avoid Amain. I guess you’re in my neck of the woods, the Midwest?

I ordered directly from Castle on Feb 23rd and I received mine on the 28th... ?‍♂️

I think they must've just gotten a shipment of them in, as the order was shipped out on the Feb 26th per the invoice information.

I'm still waiting on mine from AMain. :(

Yeah sure, just rub it all in will ya! :mad::ROFLMAO:
Not my intention!! Just as curious as to why those places are taking this long to obtain that product!!??

If it makes you feel a bit better, I haven't had the chance to solder connectors or even look into how I'm going to install it yet!? ?✌

Not my intention!! Just as curious as to why those places are taking this long to obtain that product!!??

If it makes you feel a bit better, I haven't had the chance to solder connectors or even look into how I'm going to install it yet!? ?✌

Well alright. I felt a little.. well.. used, betrayed, and abused. :cry:

:LOL:;)

I know exactly how mine will be slapped in! ? I might have to invite mine out on a date like I did with the mount. I need to have a conversation with her like Robert Duvall had with the NASCAR in Days Of Thunder.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back