"New" Castle Monster X 8S ESC/Motor Combo w/1520 Motor (1650Kv)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icecoldak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
All the goodness the big brother (1717) but in a smaller package! Should be a great fit for Krayton for sure! 3oz lighter too

The 1520-1650Kv has all of the secret sauce that the big brother 1717-1650Kv has, but in a more compact diameter, fitting into smaller spaces without modifications to your chassis.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle-mamba-monster-x-8s/i689

Last edited:
I think you get more bang for the buck with the 1717. I feel the MMX8S (by itself/non combo)with the stock non sensored 6s motor would give the same or similar results.
The 1717 costs a bit more but is more efficient. The 1520 appeared to run hot on 8s in the video with taller gearing. 200 deg. F. Speed wasn't all that impressive either.
Just me. :cool:

I think you get more bang for the buck with the 1717. I feel the MMX8S (by itself/non combo)with the stock non sensored 6s motor would give the same or similar results.
The 1717 costs a bit more but is more efficient. The 1520 appeared to run hot on 8s in the video with taller gearing. 200 deg. F. Speed wasn't all that impressive either.
Just me. :cool:
I'm with you.

The 1717 is going to have way more torque (and thus power).

All things being equal, a larger diameter stator will provide more power than a longer one.

^^^ And a resulting larger armature (more magnet surface area) with that larger diam. stator is relative with increased torque.

As shown in the A-Main video, the 1520 is made for vehicles that can't fit the 1717. If you can fit a 1717 in your chassis, it is a better choice of the two since it has more torque at the same KV, but there are a certain number of setups that need the thinner motor. We wanted to make more motors to fill out more corners of the market. We gave A-Main an exclusivity deal on the 1520 for a while. It will be available from other retailers and as a motor only soon.

Thanks for the info Robert! seems like everyone was correct as well and just get the 1717--which will fit :)

The new sensored 1520 1650kv combo is perfect fix for 1/8th scale 6S vehicles that have small or major problems with overheating. Plus less strain on drivetrains meant for 6S motors. The motor and esc stick around 100F when geared for bashing. Basically it’s a drop in replacement for the 1515 without any of the problems

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back