New Castle x8s arrived IS IT USED??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Hey Guys....
My new X8S for my Basher Typhon has arrived and there are 3 logs saved and the included mm3 motor wires are also missing with the 6,5mm bullets..

Anyone from u had the same?:(

Screenshot_20221206_110113_Video Player.jpg

As far as I know, the log on the ESC is just a functionality test. Current 45A, load 700W...pretty sure that's just a test. As for the motor wires, not sure about that one. I've gotten four of their motors and they all had wires attached. I'd shoot them an email and ask.
[email protected]

As far as I know, the log on the ESC is just a functionality test. Current 45A, load 700W...pretty sure that's just a test. As for the motor wires, not sure about that one. I've gotten four of their motors and they all had wires attached. I'd shoot them an email and ask.
[email protected]
No.
I mean, there are 3 wires in the package wirh bullets for solder.
These arent in the package.
I think this is a refurbished device!
Even when this was test from castle they must delete for qc passing finished.
No.
I will call in 4 hours my local store where i bought the esc..
He opens in 4 hours 😒

No.

I will call in 4 hours my local store where i bought the esc..
He opens in 4 hours 😒
How do you earn a living running your own business but don't open until 4 in the afternoon? That's a helluva gig right there.

But yeah, sounds like a plan.

Modellbau Metz
He has on friday, saturday, Montag completely closed and the rest from 15-18 😃

Modellbau berlinski, where i ordered my xlx2 which is fine!!! Was not on stock.

Ah ok. Yeah, I've ordered stuff from both of them as well. I got one of my XLX2s from Berlinski and it mysteriously stopped working a week or two after I got it. It still powered on but that was it. I ordered another one at MHM while I waited for the RMA process to run its course. It got replaced in the end, but returning stuff to Castle just takes forever.

Ah ok. Yeah, I've ordered stuff from both of them as well. I got one of my XLX2s from Berlinski and it mysteriously stopped working a week or two after I got it. It still powered on but that was it. I ordered another one at MHM while I waited for the RMA process to run its course. It got replaced in the end, but returning stuff to Castle just takes forever.
I think i will get new from local hobby store and He will refund to castle:)

How do you earn a living running your own business but don't open until 4 in the afternoon? That's a helluva gig right there.

But yeah, sounds like a plan.
At my local RC shop, running the business is a second job for both the owner and his wife: accordingly, the shop is only open around 20 hours a week. The owner's wife handles the sales while her husband, who has over 35 years of experience with RC, provides tech support and RC repair services. The owner also runs the racing on both the clay outdoor track and the carpet indoor track. The shop has a huge customer base, including the local no-prep RC drag racing club, and I've personally seen folks who have driven over three hours to get to the store.

I don’t think there’s any issue there.

Every new castle ESC I’ve purchased has had test logs like that and has also included unsoldered motor wires/bullets.

Install it and run it!

Edit: I misread and now see that the motor wires are missing. They only come with standalone ESC purchases. If this was purchased as a combo then there shouldn’t be any wires included. If purchased standalone, then I’d ask your LHS for some wires if you need them. Either way the logs look fine - it’s good that Castle tests their stuff.

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s any issue there.

Every new castle ESC I’ve purchased has had test logs like that and has also included unsoldered motor wires/bullets.

Install it and run it!
Mine have all had logs on them as well. As for the wires, I'm not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure they all arrived with wires already soldered to the motor and bullets in a separate baggie (except for the 1721 where the connectors were already soldered).
At my local RC shop, running the business is a second job for both the owner and his wife: accordingly, the shop is only open around 20 hours a week. The owner's wife handles the sales while her husband, who has over 35 years of experience with RC, provides tech support and RC repair services. The owner also runs the racing on both the clay outdoor track and the carpet indoor track. The shop has a huge customer base, including the local no-prep RC drag racing club, and I've personally seen folks who have driven over three hours to get to the store.
You make a valid point. It's great to hear that a brick and mortar has such loyal customers that they're willing to drive hours to get there. A testament to the fact that they're doing it right.
I think i will get new from local hobby store and He will refund to castle:)
When I RMA'd my XLX2 with Berlinski he sent it to Castle but he made me wait for their findings. before sending me a new one. I wasn't totally pleased about that, but at the time I was able to just order another one to bridge the gap until that situation was resolved. I probably would have reacted very differently had that not been the case.

When I bought my Castle MMX 8s ESC with 1717 1650kv motor combo, everything was soldered and ready to go. All I had to do was plug the motor wires into the ESC and run the sensor harness from the motor to the ESC. I never checked to see if there were any data logs: I didn't know how when I first got it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back