New center diff seems tight.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtkBrew

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I bought new stock front, center & rear diffs from Jenny's RC that arrived today. I'm planning on taking them apart and putting sealed bearings and new fluid in them.

When I was looking at them today, the front and rear units spin quite freely. Nit loose, but easily. The center diff seems pretty stiff and much harder spin than the front or rear diffs.

Is this normal, or is there something I should be looking for tomorrow when I take these apart?

I bought new stock front, center & rear diffs from Jenny's RC that arrived today. I'm planning on taking them apart and putting sealed bearings and new fluid in them.

When I was looking at them today, the front and rear units spin quite freely. Nit loose, but easily. The center diff seems pretty stiff and much harder spin than the front or rear diffs.

Is this normal, or is there something I should be looking for tomorrow when I take these apart?
It’s probably because of the fact that the center diff has a thicker fluid in it otb
You should still check all your diffs carefully and properly when taking them apart anyways just in case.
Yes that’s normal. The front and rear have 10 times thinner fluid.
Dang you beat me to it?

Guys are running 200K and up. 100K stock is a bit too thin for the Center. I have 200k now and may consider 500k next.
I could be wrong but I think with V3(2018), Arrma upped the center to 100K stock. Still too thin IMO. Diffing out too much.
Once the diff breaks in it will get even looser. All of them.

Last edited:
Guys are running 200K and up. 100K stock is a bit too thin for the Center. I have 200k now and may consider 500k next.
I could be wrong but I think with V3(2018), Arrma upped the center to 100K stock. Still too thin IMO. Diffing out too much.
what are you running in the front?
I am thinking im going to leave the rear for last and try to get the others right

One diff change at a time for testing. Start with upping Center first. Test it out. Then up the front. The center is what matters most IMO. Diffing out is something to focus on. Dial it out first.
Front and rear tuning is based on whether you want more push or less. More Steering or less. Everyone drives differently.
Im running 20K/Front, 200Kcenter, 60K/Rear. I plan on swapping my front with rear to see the difference.
1/8 Race Truggies generally run lighter in the rear diff, heavier in the front on a closed track. (4S)

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure the V3 Kraton still had 10k in the center. Here's a screenshot of the manual I downloaded, and I'm 95% sure I grabbed the V3 manual.

Screenshot_20200128-040957_Drive.jpg

I have 200k on hand, but really thinking of picking up 500k and just starting with that, as it seems to be what most end up doing, if not even higher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back