Kraton New Chassis brace coming from Tbone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sledgehog

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Tbone racing released a tower to tower chassis brace for the tekno MT410. The email says the Kraton one next. Figured I'd give a heads up in here. The MT410 one looks pretty nice and is around $42.

Capture.JPG

Hard to tell from the picture, but is it t2t or chassis only on the MT410? I mounted a homemade t2t and don't like what it's doing to the shock towers. Wondering if TBR is going to do something different.

Most likely is, as it's from TBone. Looks beefy though. I'm still more interested in a "true" top deck chassis brace, like the one's from Markhor. I checked the Amped Rc website yesterday, and couldn't find the listing for the aluminum version anymore. Lot's of Carbon fibre, but I remember seeing a post where one failed. I think it was from @bicketybam.

It is composit I bought one for the proline MT 4x4. Haven’t installed yet but it is nicely done and should hold up well.

Has anyone used this brace yet on the kraton and what do they think of it comparing let’s say to the new v4

I literally spent hours installing one of these on my Nortorious, and am not happy at all. First problem was T-Bone had one end of the brace assembled upside down, and took me a long time trying to figure out how it was supposed to mount. Second problem is that not all the holes line up exactly, some prying and cursing is necessary. Third problem is some of the screws will strip out easily, it's only composite material, and fine thread screws. Forth problem is appears it will be a major pain to remove the center diff. You have to completely remove the brace, and we're back to stripped screws etc. etc. I had it almost installed last night, and decided to put on a motor fan, with heat sink, that slides over the motor, then realized I'd have to undo everything to get the motor out. Today I'm going to see if I can re-design it, to make it easier to remove, and if not, it's going into the bin!:mad:

That sounds like it would be exactly the issues with a brace like that. I gusss I’m going to have to wait and get the new motor mount brace and all that from the v4.

I see no need for a tower to tower.

If you are bashing hard- you are going to want better towers and a better chassis no matter what.

Once you have those and put in aluminum chassis braces, I don't think the T2T is doing anything worth while, not even taking into account it's cost, and hassles.

The only reason Arrma put a t2t on the new cars is cost. It is better than nothing, and much cheaper than better towers and chassis.

Meaning, OK- if it is already there go ahead and run it. But stuff will still bend / break when launched- and upgrades will be done...at some point the other stuff takes over and the bar is just extra weight / obstruction.

I literally spent hours installing one of these on my Nortorious, and am not happy at all. First problem was T-Bone had one end of the brace assembled upside down, and took me a long time trying to figure out how it was supposed to mount. Second problem is that not all the holes line up exactly, some prying and cursing is necessary. Third problem is some of the screws will strip out easily, it's only composite material, and fine thread screws. Forth problem is appears it will be a major pain to remove the center diff. You have to completely remove the brace, and we're back to stripped screws etc. etc. I had it almost installed last night, and decided to put on a motor fan, with heat sink, that slides over the motor, then realized I'd have to undo everything to get the motor out. Today I'm going to see if I can re-design it, to make it easier to remove, and if not, it's going into the bin!:mad:
This is so common with Tbone. The QC is terrible. @Notorious J This is why I don't care for them.

This is so common with Tbone. The QC is terrible. @Notorious J This is why I don't care for them.

I can't say I have had that experience. I ordered multiple parts for my truck, and then my 3 other family members i just got into RC have done the same. So far, no complaints. Nothing has broke, fit is great, look is great.

I can't say I have had that experience. I ordered multiple parts for my truck, and then my 3 other family members i just got into RC have done the same. So far, no complaints. Nothing has broke, fit is great, look is great.
Many people get stuff from them that is actually assembled correctly. But there are several stories of wheels on wheelie bar/bumpers being on the wrong side or what cooter just had happen. I bought a bumper where none of the holes lined up. It's a role of the dice with them. I'm glad you haven't experienced the bad side yet.

Well, I finally got it back together, and did a test run. Front diff clicking! Time to dis-assemble, again. Front and rear diffs are still stock, so can't complain. Center has HR aluminum housing and 1M oil! Probably added to the front going out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back