New Chevy Silverado Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I just got a new Proline Chevy Silverado body the other day and am going to paint it within the next couple of days. Here are the colors I have to work with; metallic purple, a little bit of red, white, black, and some ugly dark green. The main color has to be purple because it's the one I have a whole can of, but I think it will look good with some red and black. I wanted to do some white stripes going across from front to back but now I'm not sure. Here is a concept of how I envision doing it. Of course it will probably look like straight dookie once finished but that is what we're going to find out soon. Any suggestions?

veqe5x.png

I don't know. I like to mix bright with the dark colors and purple/red seems like a cool combination. At least for an RC that is. I'll post pics and we can have a before and after of my concept compared to the final product.

If I do purple and black, I'm gonna have to add those white lines as well I think. It would just look too dark, I need some bright to contrast it.
It would work out very good, but it will have to be done nice and clean. Cause the white will stand out a lot.

Aight, I made another mockup with some white trimmings and then just purple and black. I do think the purple and black only looks pretty nice. I might go with that one, wait and see.

15y6ogp.png

I was envisioning something like this body https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJHHPPL but I think once I add the decals it will provide the white outlines I'm looking for.

The purple and black looks ?. Clean and tasteful. Man I wish I had the skills to mockup when I'm about to paint my RC bodies!

The purple and black looks ?. Clean and tasteful. Man I wish I had the skills to mockup when I'm about to paint my RC bodies!

It's simple photoshopping brother. Let me know next time you are going to do a body and I can help you out with that. Just in case anybody doesn't realize it that isn't a real RC in the pictures it's the actual Silverado truck. It definitely looks like a toy though.

I just noticed that......lol. I thought it was an RC. Yeah I'll let you know next time I do a body. Normally the artist in me comes out when planning the colors. But then I start masking and I get lazy and keep the design simple.

Yeah masking will be a pain but it still won't be anything crazy. The lines are basically there on the body to guide you. My only question now is what to do with the windows? Should I black them out or leave them clear? I blacked them out on my first ever paint attempt and it came out looking just plain black and unnatural. I'd like some transparency. Maybe I can leave them clear and add some sort of film or window tint.

Yes, that is what I would do. A spray tint or I even heard of tint flim. I normally leave them clear. BTW I was on Proline's website and coming coon they have the Brute body for the Kraton! You should check it out. I'm might have to grab one of those

I just got a new Proline Chevy Silverado body the other day and am going to paint it within the next couple of days. Here are the colors I have to work with; metallic purple, a little bit of red, white, black, and some ugly dark green. The main color has to be purple because it's the one I have a whole can of, but I think it will look good with some red and black. I wanted to do some white stripes going across from front to back but now I'm not sure. Here is a concept of how I envision doing it. Of course it will probably look like straight dookie once finished but that is what we're going to find out soon. Any suggestions?

veqe5x.png
Simple is best imo. The purple and red does look nice for sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back