New Chevy Silverado Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did purple and black Ford Raptors for both my Granite and my Kraton. I love that combo. I'll see if I can find the threads.

FB_IMG_1544668027695.jpg
Purple with black trim with white/red combo as example

Purple and Black primarily , with only a tiny bit of accent red somewhere quaint, maybe the lower lip of both bumpers red, like a quarter inch.

15g9e9l.png

OK yet another change in plans lol. I decided to send back the purple paint and get metallic blue. On ebay the Tamiya blue was $8 + $7 shipping so I went with the purple which was only $8.50 total, but I didn't really want it, just got it because it had free 2-day shipping. So today I went to my lhs and they had metallic blue for $7 flat. I like the blue because a lot of the oldschool monster trucks were blue. I'd rather have a Ford body but it's gonna be Chevy this time around.

I did a Dodge body for my emaxx and used a pearl and metallic blue which had a purple tint to with yellow racing stripes with white pin stripes on the sides looked good

How are you doing these mock-ups? It's an awesome way to get a solid idea of paint scheme and motivates me to paint something soon.

Photoshop man. I just look up for a real life picture of what body type I have and I open it up in Photoshop and select certain areas and change the color. Really basic stuff and takes me maybe 5 minutes. Find me a picture of a truck you want to do and I can do a proto-type for you. I love doing stuff like that.

I just wish there was a template of the actual proline bodies so I can get an even better idea.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back