Infraction New cups & Bearings. HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hey! Hope everyone had a great 4th! SO!, I have tekno drive cups and ceramic bearings I need to install in my Infractions driveline. I've pulled the diffs out many times for oil swaps and maintenance. I've swapped all the bearings EXCEPT the ones leading into the diff casings from the driveshafts. I'm replacing the stock 2 drive cups because 8s drag racing is beating them to poop and I believe they're out of round. Must I year down the entire rig ,and remove the diff housings from each end to do this small procedure? Or is there an easier softer way? Or an instructional video? I'm scared I won't know exactly how to re assemble the car properly or have a bunch of " leftover parts' after I do! Any advice? Anything helps.
Thank you!!!??

By the sounds of it your asking about the pinion (input) bearings and pinion cups?

If yes, the rear one you can do on the rig without any issues if the cup itself isn't stuck with loctite.. very simple procedure.. remove the cup.. push the pinion out and install new bearings, then reassemble..

Be sure to use a thumb on the pinion and pointer finger on the cup to seat the cup against the outer bearing.. don't squeeze, just light pressure to be sure its seated correctly...

Same procedure on the front clip but it's way easier to just pull the whole clip off, center shaft and all as one unit.. 9 screws on the under side and 1 screw in the steering linkage to bellcrank..?

By the sounds of it your asking about the pinion (input) bearings and pinion cups?

If yes, the rear one you can do on the rig without any issues if the cup itself isn't stuck with loctite.. very simple procedure.. remove the cup.. push the pinion out and install new bearings, then reassemble..

Be sure to use a thumb on the pinion and pointer finger on the cup to seat the cup against the outer bearing.. don't squeeze, just light pressure to be sure its seated correctly...

Same procedure on the front clip but it's way easier to just pull the whole clip off, center shaft and all as one unit.. 9 screws on the under side and 1 screw in the steering linkage to bellcrank..?
Thanks for getting back to me! I am swapping in a different spool too, so I might as well pull it all out, but the front is what has me nervous. Staring at it, it looks like I will be removing the shock towers, front chassis brace, pretty much the entire front end to pull out the diff case. It's one of those situations where having someone actually present who has done this once before would help me tremendously. It's the only part of the rig I have yet to go through.. I'll give it a go?

Yes it can be daunting, but it is quite simple man.. no tower removal or any of that.. arrma manufactures these rigs to be modular.. so you can remove the whole front module as one big piece with only 10 screws... 9 on the bottom, one in the steering linkage..

Yes it can be daunting, but it is quite simple man.. no tower removal or any of that.. arrma manufactures these rigs to be modular.. so you can remove the whole front module as one big piece with only 10 screws... 9 on the bottom, one in the steering linkage..
Thanks brother! I tend to overcomplicate things? you're right, this is an easy platform to wrench on! I appreciate your help and support ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back