New drive train Hot Racing parts for 3s/4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTitanium

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite Grom
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Nero
  6. Infraction 4x4
Arrma is taking their sweet time releasing their CNC-machined steel crown gear (AR310885) and matching pinion gear (AR310886). Now due late January. Riiiiight.

Hot Racing has released the following. Anyone running these yet? I'm thinking of taking the plunge myself...

2020-01-02_3-40-06.png
2020-01-02_3-38-57.png

I’ve never had a single issue with my 3S or 4S diffs ever. If you take care of the yokes, these aren’t needed. I’m even running mine on 6S and no issues yet.

Last edited:
I’ve never had a single issue with my 3S or 4S diffs ever. If you take care of the yokes, these aren’t needed. I’m even running mine on 6S and no issues yet.

I'm trying to get more life out of my yokes, any thoughts on how to "take care" of them?

If you meant adjusting the slipper clutch then disregard. If you have other info I'd really like to know the secrete to get more life out of the yokes.

Running 6s on plastic yokes is impressive

Spiral pinion is interesting... Could be a bit smoother on the module.
Thanks for sharing.

On the module? What does this mean?

Definitely interested to know how they do. An upgrade I’d do if they’re proven. I’m more interested to know how the steel cvd drive shafts are haha
The Hot Racing ones? They are just like all their other driveshafts for pretty much every other platform, not that great.

I'm trying to get more life out of my yokes, any thoughts on how to "take care" of them?

If you meant adjusting the slipper clutch then disregard. If you have other info I'd really like to know the secrete to get more life out of the yokes.

Running 6s on plastic yokes is impressive
What I mean is don’t use them if they’re worn or disfigured. Some guys have warped them with hot bearings and continued to run them. Another issue is some have tightened them too hard and get binding issues. I’ve never had issues, but I did buy the HR yokes at one point before I really knew much about the hobby. I use the HR yokes on my Typhon running 6S.

The Hot Racing ones? They are just like all their other driveshafts for pretty much every other platform, not that great.

yeah the hot racing steel cvd slider driveshafts for the 3s blx line. Not so great huh, bummer. Do they improve over stock tho as far as the u joints popping. Arrma was supposed to release their own steel cvd sliders for it but who knows if that’ll ever actually happen lol

yeah the hot racing steel cvd slider driveshafts for the 3s blx line. Not so great huh, bummer. Do they improve over stock tho as far as the u joints popping. Arrma was supposed to release their own steel cvd sliders for it but who knows if that’ll ever actually happen lol
Sure if you don't mind breaking parts that Hot Racing doesn't sell as replacements.

Seems interesting. All of my plastic diffs have started to leak almost instantly. Dunno if i am over tightening the cap or what.

Metal diff cup is probably a good idea if you have leakage. I put one on the center of my 6s after the plastic completely blew out, but the F+R didn't really have a problem with plastic. As for the gears, if I shred a set then I'd look into metal options, otherwise let it run.

Already pre-ordered the Arrma CVDs for the rear.

Mr Typhon 4s on 6s is some kind of RC god, because his rig never breaks with the stock drivetrain.

Last edited:
What I mean is don’t use them if they’re worn or disfigured. Some guys have warped them with hot bearings and continued to run them. Another issue is some have tightened them too hard and get binding issues. I’ve never had issues, but I did buy the HR yokes at one point before I really knew much about the hobby. I use the HR yokes on my Typhon running 6S.
I am unsure the purpose of aluminum yokes. What do they help with? Why is it necessary to upgrade them?

I am unsure the purpose of aluminum yokes. What do they help with? Why is it necessary to upgrade them?
I use them in the rear of my 4S. The plastic yokes would flex under load and allow the input gear and diff ring gear to strip. I haven't had the issue since I switched. I run the stock plastic yokes on my 3S trucks though. No issues.

Not necessary but they help hold the diff gears together better than the plastic under hard loads.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back