Notorious New DS3235 servo install - what servo horn did you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briggs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi, I just installed the DS3235 and installed the 25 tooth horn that was included. I flipped the alignment of the steering linkage and it seems like the bolt head is brushing the top of the new servo. Anybody have this problem? Did the bolt head wear through your plastic servo top? Or did you use the hot racing kit?

thanks in advance for any advice….

20210527_173716.jpg

Not a noto but on my k6s I used the m2c horn with the exb servo mount. I still had to use a couple m3 washers as spacers to get the linkage level but it works just fine. Planning on trying the hot racing setup on my noto when I upgrade the servo.

View attachment 157021
Not a noto but on my k6s I used the m2c horn with the exb servo mount. I still had to use a couple m3 washers as spacers to get the linkage level but it works just fine. Planning on trying the hot racing setup on my noto when I upgrade the servo.
Thank you, looks like I’ll grab the hot racing setup then. Or a raised horn of some sort lol. Have a good night!
Hot racing fixed link steering arm
Ok, looks like that will be the way I go. Thanks for the reply TH, happy Friday!

View attachment 157021
Is this what you used? https://webstore.eliminator-rc.com/m2c-steering-servo-arm-wide-body-25mm-long

and did you need the ex servo mount???
HR fixed steering link. I used a 20mm bolt (stock is 16) and a 3 mm aluminum spacer to get the linkage level. I also have the HR servo mount.
Thank you, I’m trying to order the hot racing link in Canada and I’m having some trouble. I did find the M2C servo horn though.

That is the arm I used. I didn't "need" the exb mount but the stock plastic flexed like crazy and it was included in the exb plastic kit I ordered from jennysrc.
Ok, thank you. I might do the m2c horn as well and maybe do the hot racing servo mount as well. Shipping is free after you spend $100…

Hi, I just installed the DS3235 and installed the 25 tooth horn that was included. I flipped the alignment of the steering linkage and it seems like the bolt head is brushing the top of the new servo. Anybody have this problem? Did the bolt head wear through your plastic servo top? Or did you use the hot racing kit?

thanks in advance for any advice….
This is how I killed my Servo. Bolt brushing against the servo.
would not run it

This is how I killed my Servo. Bolt brushing against the servo.
would not run it
Ok, I ran it once to test it. I’ll swap out to the correct parts, thank you for responding and letting me know.

It was a Savox branded one
Sorry I could not find a photo of it as I have disposed it now as well
No worries, I think I’m going to grind the bolt head down for now. Everybody around me is out of stock for what I need or charging crazy shipping prices. Be so much easier if the border was open!

I went on the grinder and got the head down on the bolt, it worked and does not hit the top of the servo anymore. Just saved some $$$ and don’t have to buy that hot racing arm I couldn’t find 🍺

Back