Granite New Dumborc x6 and DS3218mg servo, now steering is super twitchy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryank930

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
So I just replaced my radio and servo with the Dumborc x6 and ds3218mg. Now it feels like my steering is too fast for lack of better description. It's feels like small steering inputs are translating to large movements at the servo. It's tough to keep it going in a straight line (gyro is disabled).

Is this normal and just something I'll need to get used to? Or do I need to set something on the tx differently?

So I did the midpoint calibration and it did seem to help, but now I can't seem to get the steering trim centered. It's either too much left or too much right. I DO have a kimbrough servo saver and bearings for the steering sitting on my bench right now. Think that'll help?

Are you using the same size servo horn/servo saver as before?

OK, make sure you set the steering dual-rate so that full left/right go to the point where the wheels JUST stop turning, but not more.

In other words, the wheels shouldn't stop turning BEFORE you've turned the radio to the full left/right. If you hear the servo straining/whining at full left/right (wheels off the ground), then you need to lower your dual-rate.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back