New DX5C transmitter and SR6100AT not working.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raynist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Notorious
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Talion
  11. Typhon 6s
I just bought a DX5C that came with the SR6100AT receiver. I plan to use this in my Mojave 6s and to also control my Kraton 8s and infraction.

I followed the procedure to pair with the transmitter and it does pair. The problem is that it doesn’t control the steering or throttle. Nothing happens

I was able to get the transmitter to pair and work with my Kraton and Infraction.

Any thoughts on what I may doing wrong, or did I get a bad receiver?

Thanks
Ray

When I first bought my DX5c I had the SR6100AT and never could get it to work , so I figured it was bad. I read somewhere that a digital servo has to be used but I installed one with no luck. Why the digital, I have no clue. I use SR315 in pretty much all of my cars.

My infraction has the same servo as my Mojave and it works for the Mojave. I am thinking the receiver that came with the transmitter is bad.

If you followed the instructions incl. the throttle travel and steering travel, during bind, you have a bad receiver.
There was a series of bad ones, it seems.

One more possibility. You could try reprogramming but you would need the right cable to do it.
Earlier firmware had issues with binding. If this was a recent purchase this wouldn't be the issue though. I believe a fix was released in April.

Make sure your transmitter is far enough away when you bind. If the transmitter is to close to the receiver it won’t bind. Also the 6100 has avc so it has to be perfectly flat for it to work correctly

One more possibility. You could try reprogramming but you would need the right cable to do it.
Earlier firmware had issues with binding. If this was a recent purchase this wouldn't be the issue though. I believe a fix was released in April.

Thanks.

I ordered the transmitter/receiver combo from eBay last week
Make sure your transmitter is far enough away when you bind. If the transmitter is to close to the receiver it won’t bind. Also the 6100 has avc so it has to be perfectly flat for it to work correctly

they were very close. But the transmitter was also very close when I binded it with my infraction and Kraton. Only difference is that the 6100at receivers were already mounted in the vehicles and I just had the receiver sitting on top of the receiver box when I tried it with my Mojave 6s.

Try it about 6 ft away, if the lights on the RX work correct, during the bind, that isn't your issue.
The older firmware did have issues binding, both during the actual bind process as well as during normal power on.
Don't experiment too much, I'd return it, assuming it's not a used one. If it was a good deal I'd invest in a spektrum programmer cable.

Last edited:
Called horizon support today.
The receiver is fine! My ESC has a problem!

I don’t think I am going to use the receiver though. It doesn’t fit in the box......

I will likely sell it ☹

If anyone is interested shoot me a PM. Will sell for $65 shipped.

Last edited:
Yup, tight fit but works. They are upgrading the receiver box on the newer models.

i just purchased the Typhon 6S and Mojave 6s - both have the small receiver box.

My infraction and Kraton 8s have the larger boxes

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back