New ESC, What is timing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I wanted to know what timing is... btw I might get a Leopard 60a ESC just to run my fury when my BLX80 is being sent out for warranty. Is it powerful enough? I want something cheap right now... I would not be running the motor leopard gave, but esc an program card I will use

[CORRECTION TO THE TEXT "BLX80"] was changed in the text as well.

Last edited:
The esc should be able to run the 3800kV motor without any real difficulty,just don't overgear the motor. No going above a 16T pinion on a 57t spur(32dp) or 22t pinion on the (48dp), kit spur.
As stock,the brushless motor is controlled by the esc at 0 degrees timing,using the programming card,you can increase the timing of the motor to produce more power to the wheels,(speed). The downside of this is,that you'll have reduced run-time as increasing the timing calls for a higher drain on your batteries.

The esc should be able to run the 3800kV motor without any real difficulty,just don't overgear the motor. No going above a 16T pinion on a 57t spur(32dp) or 22t pinion on the (48dp), kit spur.
As stock,the brushless motor is controlled by the esc at 0 degrees timing,using the programming card,you can increase the timing of the motor to produce more power to the wheels,(speed). The downside of this is,that you'll have reduced run-time as increasing the timing calls for a higher drain on your batteries.
Im running a 3600kv blx motor, i think it should be good, but if I change timing to high it can also result in burning out the esc right?

Sorry justatree,I thought that the BLX motor was a 3800 not a 3600kV....oops. Personally,I'm still awaiting a programme card for the system that I'm running,so at the moment it's stuck on 0 degrees timing.
It's not that you'll burn out the esc so much as you can cook the motor,if you advance the timing too far,as the running temp of the motor increases.

sensorless Walter
Sorry justatree,I thought that the BLX motor was a 3800 not a 3600kV....oops. Personally,I'm still awaiting a programme card for the system that I'm running,so at the moment it's stuck on 0 degrees timing.
It's not that you'll burn out the esc so much as you can cook the motor,if you advance the timing too far,as the running temp of the motor increases.
What is the difference between the 80a and 60a, nothing much right? maybe a bit of powerloos in the 60a but I can just increase the timing then?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back