Big Rock New esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tblood

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Replaced my BLX100 in my BRCC. It’s flashing red. battery is fully charged. Do I have to rebind the TX/RX after installing new esc? I’ve done the tuning options, but I can’t set the throttle points. I hold the set button, turn esc on and it beeps and flashes red. But then it won’t Flash green again when I hit the reset button in neutral, forward or reverse.

It sounds like you're doing the procedure correctly, and checking it with the manual. You don't have to rebind the TX/RX after replacing Esc; that's between the radio and receiver. Are you sure the receiver plug is properly inserted into THR on the receiver? Otherwise, turn it 180' and plug it in again.

Hi,

Did you get a resolution with this?

I just received a replacement BLX100 under warranty as the original one was going to LVC after 5-10 minutes.

Now, when I turn on the brand new ESC, the red light just flashes and I get no throttle.

There is steering however.

I've tried a different tx/rx, different brushless motor still the same.

I am unable to perform a factory reset (I believe I am pressing the write button and in the right order etc.) but nothing happens.

It also wont let me perform throttle calibration.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Simon

Hi,

Did you get a resolution with this?

I just received a replacement BLX100 under warranty as the original one was going to LVC after 5-10 minutes.

Now, when I turn on the brand new ESC, the red light just flashes and I get no throttle.

There is steering however.

I've tried a different tx/rx, different brushless motor still the same.

I am unable to perform a factory reset (I believe I am pressing the write button and in the right order etc.) but nothing happens.

It also wont let me perform throttle calibration.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Simon
Is your ESC lead plugged into the receiver correctly? Make sure it's in the right alot and that the red wire is facing the closest side of the receiver.

Thanks for your input.

I have identified what is causing the problem but can't explain it.

When I plug the ESC into a Flysky receiver, it works fine.

When I plug the ESC into two different Spektrum SRX200 receivers (one of which is brand new) it doesn't work.

I'm not sure why this would happen as it appears it doesn't want to work with a specific kind of receiver. (And this is the one that comes with the car)

Cheers,

Simon

Hi,

Just for anyone in the future, the issue when this occurs is that the ESC has not been calibrated.

Got the guy at the local hobby shop to look at it and it took him about 5 seconds to fix it.

Thanks,

Simon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back