Kraton New EXB Chassis VS stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
The EXB has a little more to it then the stock one the end to end is the same.. the bottom where battery šŸ”‹ trays are has more meat šŸ–
20210312_214538.jpg
20210312_214445.jpg
20210312_224628.jpg
20210312_113038.jpg
20210312_112936.jpg
20210312_112850.jpg

this one shows them stacked
20210312_214824.jpg

20210311_143911.jpg

20210314_205026.jpg
20210314_205050.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the EXB chassis is comparable to the M2C chassis. I know the m2c is beefier, but if the EXB cant take the abuse without bending. Theres no need to get the m2c.

Talbot already bent his EXB chassis. I wouldnā€™t count on them holding up, similar to the 1/8 scale EXB chassis. They say theyā€™re CNC 7075 but they are way easier to bend that my M2C chassis.

Talbot already bent his EXB chassis. I wouldnā€™t count on them holding up, similar to the 1/8 scale EXB chassis. They say theyā€™re CNC 7075 but they are way easier to bend that my M2C chassis.
I'll just wait on how Rich does with his EXB. KT has no credibility to me in the RC community. All he does if for views and ratings to make more money in YT. I have all M2C chassis on my 6S, but got the K8S exb kit just waiting for the motor. Hoping the EXB chassis will last so I don't have to upgrade right away.

I'll just wait on how Rich does with his EXB. KT has no credibility to me in the RC community. All he does if for views and ratings to make more money in YT. I have all M2C chassis on my 6S, but got the K8S exb kit just waiting for the motor. Hoping the EXB chassis will last so I don't have to upgrade right away
For me it's money šŸ’°. For the same cost of M2C I was able to get the EXB Chassis the EXB motor mount and the limitless spur gear for the same cost.. trying to build on a budget withe the Lovely Wifie not knowing šŸ˜‚ makes it all to fun almost like an affair šŸ¤« .. does the Kraton body come in silicone?
Too Cute Dog GIF

I agree with the other guys. He seems to drive... well not nicely. Thereā€™s jumping and bashing then there is whatever he does. He seems to be in it for the views to promote himself, which is fine if thatā€™s your/his thing.

Saying ā€œthey bend way easierā€ without any data to back that up seems a little premature. Could the m2c be a lot nicer? Probably but letā€™s not jump (pun intended) to conclusions on quantitative bend-ablity without facts.

Side note; vertical videos are annoying! ;)

Well Iā€™ve bent two 6S EXB chassis already, so there is other reason than Kev to think money spent on M2C would be a much better investment. I know they arenā€™t the same as the 1/5 scale EXB, but I regret spending money on the Typhon EXB chassis and just trying to help others avoid the same fate. The K6EXB chassis braces are very soft too. They mushroom against the chassis. Nowhere near the quality of M2C, Voltage, or even HR (Hot Garbage). Heck even my cheap chinesium braces seemed better.

Well Iā€™ve bent two 6S EXB chassis already, so there is other reason than Kev to think money spent on M2C would be a much better investment. I know they arenā€™t the same as the 1/5 scale EXB, but I regret spending money on the Typhon EXB chassis and just trying to help others avoid the same fate. The K6EXB chassis braces are very soft too. They mushroom against the chassis. Nowhere near the quality of M2C, Voltage, or even HR (Hot Garbage). Heck even my cheap chinesium braces seemed better.
Yeah if I was given the choice Iā€™d opt for the m2c as well even with the added expense. Not everyone is in the same boat though. I can understand wanting to save some coin and the EXB may just be fine for many of us. Time will tell.

shame about the 8s exb chassis was thinking of getting one but over a grand to get it going and then having to buy a m2c chassis bit too much for me think will wait and see what they do with the talion or outcast in the summer

Looks like the Duperbash fellow has a new video posted. He had a minor correctable tweak to the EXB chassis after some serious airtime and some front pin/support damage.
I think a lot of you may get caught up in "having to buy" just to have fun. I'm honest with myself I'm not going to send mine 20ft so the EXB configuration will hopefully be plenty fine for me. Until that time that it isn't, then I'll get something more if it permits.

Looks like the Duperbash fellow has a new video posted. He had a minor correctable tweak to the EXB chassis after some serious airtime and some front pin/support damage.
I think a lot of you may get caught up in "having to buy" just to have fun. I'm honest with myself I'm not going to send mine 20ft so the EXB configuration will hopefully be plenty fine for me. Until that time that it isn't, then I'll get something more if it permits.
Yeah just seen too. it looks like a keeper! my stock one was just way trashed šŸ—‘.. I went though Horizon Hobby to start earning points..did over $200 bucks in parts and HH did split payments so yeah what the heck..I just put this bad boy in HobbyWing 56113 800kv let's goooo
20210315_132055.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah just seen too. it looks like a keeper! my stock one was just way trashed šŸ—‘.. I went though Horizon Hobby to start earning points..did over $200 bucks in parts and HH did split payments so yeah what the heck..I just put this bad boy in HobbyWing 56113 800kv let's goooo
That is going to be a nice setup!

Even on the M2C the front can tweak also if you landed wrong. There is no support where the bulkhead bolts on. Thats why I wait for a true tester like Rich. Instead of view hungry KT. He like making drama because it draws a lot of viewer.

I've done some serious high jumps with my Outcast 8s and have bent my chassis a bit. I honestly think that the O8S is better for bigger air than the longer K8S. It's a little lighter too. Concrete landings too.

The EXB chassis is going to be no better than the 8S. You cannot take a 30 pound RC launch in the air 20 feet slam it down to the ground and expect nothing to break or bend.
It might survive 20ft like my jumps, but some people are going 30,40 50 ft. They even bend the M2C one šŸ˜±

Imagine that. And they donā€™t know why theyā€™re bending. šŸ¤£
I saw a video today where the dude botched the landing (it might have been a 25ft jump) on a EXB K8S. He bent the chassis badly, and he damaged his XLX2. That's like a $400+ repair bill šŸ˜±šŸ¤£
So far I haven't jumped it yet been snowing in magna utah iam putting a 32t pinion ro running these DuraTrac Hatchets ..working on a crawler tooView attachment 133964View attachment 133961View attachment 133962View attachment 133963
BTW I've done some jumps already and it's looking good for now. At least for me. Heck I'd rather have a problem with the chassis rather than bending shock shafts and shock rod ends breaking. If the shocks hold up, I'll be happy. So far broken parts for me has been a broken lower control arm on the front (bad landing) and I snapped off the pin on the front CVD (I think it was from crashing against my ramp and kart wheeling a few times šŸ˜…

Last edited:
If you bend a chassis. Why not bend it back? I am more concerned that they used the same arms.. I hope plastic is different.. Because I have never ever bent a shock on BLX.. pull up a brace mount.. or bent chassis.. but arms go like cake.. practicly I haven't destroyed anything else but arms..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back