Kraton New EXB Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrma6snewbie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So I crashed the v4 a little bit and was around 400 in upgrades to get it back good again. I couldn’t justify spending it when I can buy a exb with almost all the parts I was going to buy already on it plus some of the parts I already have will work on the exb so I bought the roller and did a heart transplant. Just the stock v4 motor and esc with my spectrum rugged remote and servox servo. I pulled my rear diff just to check out the lsd and it looks like everything is shimmed up and ready to go. 2 shims between each sun gear and a shim on the outside of the diff ring gear. Should there be more sims on this bad Larry or have those problems been solved already with the latest releases.

Current releases have had no complaints regarding the rear open 29mm diff. The shimming is similar to the Fr/Cnter except that it is in a different stage setup. Arrma has a video regarding the new open rear setup and and how you can set Lim slip action by alternating the plates and spacers during assembly.. Hope I understood your question right.:)

BTW, I was always under the impression that the K EXB runs best with less or no LS at the rear diff.

Current releases have had no complaints regarding the rear open 29mm diff. The shimming is similar to the Fr/Cnter except that it is in a different stage setup. Arrma has a video regarding the new open rear setup and and how you can set Lim slip action by alternating the plates and spacers during assembly.. Hope I understood your question right.:)
Yeah man I seen that video. I just didn’t know if there was something else I needed to do. I am glad that I got the exb the little bit I have drove it I am happy. I did learn do not get used bashers. I traded my maxx for a kraton. Idk what that last guy did to it but it was never right and could never get a full battery ran through it with out something new going wrong. Should have kept the maxx and just bought a exb right away.

haha $400 in damages. I wanna see what 400 in damage looks like. Hopefully you took pics. The only way Ive had it that bad was a nitro touring car of mine got run over by a ford f150. It was a total loss.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back