Kraton New EXB owner!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
So as the title states.. I couldnt resist anymore on the Turkey day special!! I figure it'll be the best deal of the year, for 329 it really is a steal for the 💰💰

So i have a brand new Firma 150A 2050 combo just sitting around, does the exb come with a pinion and if not, where is the sweet spot on these, 12t maybe 14t!?

I plan on running fans on the motor just cuz i like the assurity

Also whats the favored servo on these rigs, I have a power hd 25kg on my senton and i have been pretty pleased with it, opinions on this power hd 65 kg!?

I also plan on running the SR6100at to pair with my rugged!! Also I just realized i only have 3s batteries, damn it!!
Any other advice or tips are welcome im all ears

Screenshot_20211127-205559.png

20211127_210313_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Default gearing is 12T stock / 15T “speed” pinion. Maybe start there and see how it goes. Add a motor heatsink and fan as well as you had mentioned.

65kg seems overkill and is probably going to be a slow servo - 35 kg is enough. I usually replace the V4 steering hubs with V3 and tighten it down which should help with the steering (already comes with the extra hard spring) and replace the steering bushings with ball bearings.

Check and top off fluids or change them to your liking.

Yea its says .19 at 6.0, .17 at 7.4, and .15 at 8.4.. I think ours run 6.0 right, and as far as the hubs, whats wrong with them.. Lots of slop!?😵
Makes me wonder if my felony has bushings, i never looked!!🕵

So as the title states.. I couldnt resist anymore on the Turkey day special!! I figure it'll be the best deal of the year, for 329 it really is a steal for the 💰💰

So i have a brand new Firma 150A 2050 combo just sitting around, does the exb come with a pinion and if not, where is the sweet spot on these, 12t maybe 14t!?

I plan on running fans on the motor just cuz i like the assurity

Also whats the favored servo on these rigs, I have a power hd 25kg on my senton and i have been pretty pleased with it, opinions on this power hd 65 kg!?

I also plan on running the SR6100at to pair with my rugged!! Also I just realized i only have 3s batteries, damn it!!
Any other advice or tips are welcome im all ears

View attachment 182456

View attachment 182457
I went with the Max6 4985 1650kv combo and one of the Amazon 35kg servos.

That's a 1/5th scale servo.
Yea its says .19 at 6.0, .17 at 7.4, and .15 at 8.4.. I think ours run 6.0 right, and as far as the hubs, whats wrong with them.. Lots of slop!?😵
Makes me wonder if my felony has bushings, i never looked!!🕵
He meant servo saver, the old style had an actual way to adjust it, the new one you cannot adjust it. I tried the new style one on my V1 Outcast and absolutely hated it as it is too loose.

Also add one of these so you don't scrape up the rear of the chassis: https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...-plates/rea-skid-plate-for-arrma-6s-vehicles/

and if you go with an aftermarket/generic servo, you'll need a 25T servo horn - it's been hit or miss on whether the KEXB comes with a 25T or 23T servo horn (if it says Spektrum on it, it is 23T) - another forum member, whose name escapes me, recommended these horns: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z1ZV1L5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
or you can just get a Hot Racing horn with metal link: https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON48SH25;c=938

I bought one as well when it was 328 on Amazon, mine didn't come with a pinion and came with a 23 spline servo horn. I originally put my spare Spektrum 160 1250kv combo in it and well to say none the less it was a learning experience, I should of checked and made sure my batteries would fit in the tray stacked. I ran it with a 22 pinion without a body and it was an animal, immediately took out the 8s electronics and put in my Spektrum 150 2050 with a 20 tooth pinion. Barley broke a sweat after a full pack. I also used the avc receiver and transmitter from my infraction, with a new MKS Servo X6 HBL599

Also add one of these so you don't scrape up the rear of the chassis: https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...-plates/rea-skid-plate-for-arrma-6s-vehicles/

and if you go with an aftermarket/generic servo, you'll need a 25T servo horn - it's been hit or miss on whether the KEXB comes with a 25T or 23T servo horn (if it says Spektrum on it, it is 23T) - another forum member, whose name escapes me, recommended these horns: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Z1ZV1L5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
or you can just get a Hot Racing horn with metal link: https://hot-racing.com/?partnumber=AON48SH25;c=938
This is the V1-V4 servo horn https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...qoA2Mmu_zxob6ZXFzIwGR96ddAWECj2kaAjzeEALw_wcB

I bought one as well when it was 328 on Amazon, mine didn't come with a pinion and came with a 23 spline servo horn. I originally put my spare Spektrum 160 1250kv combo in it and well to say none the less it was a learning experience, I should of checked and made sure my batteries would fit in the tray stacked. I ran it with a 22 pinion without a body and it was an animal, immediately took out the 8s electronics and put in my Spektrum 150 2050 with a 20 tooth pinion. Barley broke a sweat after a full pack. I also used the avc receiver and transmitter from my infraction, with a new MKS Servo X6 HBL599
What about running the 160 1250 combo on 6s and gear it properly? That's what I plan to do, I have the same combo. I just don't know where to begin on gearing for 6s.

Ok yea i got the HR fixed link on my senton so i will go with them prolly.. I feel dumb ha, should of known about the bec setting my bad!! Ok ill save that hub on the parts list!! 💸

Might go with the savox or maybe the spektrum, wait to see if any sales pop up before the year is over, im in no rush.. I feel like I have 3 rc's and 3 projects!!

And i think im gonna go with the dark skin studios art chassis skin.. I put one on the felony and it still looks new!!

20211127_222311.jpg

20210807_132201_HDR.jpg

Yeah I just wanted more of a wow factor stuffing the 8s stuff in there, it actually fit well. Truck handled it fine. With 6s I just went to 20 and haven't had any issues seems legit. Bashing isn't really my thing but I had to have it. Hard to keep the front wheels planted, plain out gets it at WOT I haven't put my GPS on it yet. But the Spektrum batteries don't last long at 5000 50c so a smaller pinion will give you a longer run time

I ran the Firma 150 with the 2050kv on my KEXB from release until the last month or two. It is a good choice for that vehicle. I got the best fun out of a 16T pinion. Enjoy, I know I love mine.

What about running the 160 1250 combo on 6s and gear it properly? That's what I plan to do, I have the same combo. I just don't know where to begin on gearing for 6s.

I got that combo in my Kraton EXB with a 23 tooth pinion, I hit 60MPH. I do have a PPS motor mount to install and I was thinking about putting a 25 or 29 tooth pinion so I can have a little thrill back.

I like to keep the Turkeys and Squirrels well exercised around the boat launch in West Sacramento, being able to wheelie at any speed greatly assists in this task.

Hows your guys temps with the bigger pinions.. Wasnt sure it could handle anything over 16t.. But thats just things ive read i guess!!?💨
CONGRATS ON THE NEW EXB!!!!

I too just pulled the trigger on one about ten minutes ago. i've spent the last couple days staring at the screen on the fence about whether i should buy it or not. of course, I couldn't resist that price.

Just bought some bogo cnhl lipos, i like the spektrum telemetry but i couldnt pass up a bogo sale on some pricey 6s lipos!! Said i wasnt going to buy any either!!😡

Screenshot_20211127-232510.png

Lucky dude, I managed the exb, but cnhl won't ship batteries to Canada. Congratulations.

Just bought some bogo cnhl lipos, i like the spektrum telemetry but i couldnt pass up a bogo sale on some pricey 6s lipos!! Said i wasnt going to buy any either!!😡

View attachment 182477
Quick question, did you put two batteries in your cart and was discounted or do you expect them to ship two batteries when only one was in your cart? I am interested but when I put two of the same battery in the cart, a discount was not showing for me.

No i just clicked on one.. But actually it did try to slide an extra one in on me and i had to hit the little minus symbol beside the quantity number in your cart
Should show one with a zero charge

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211128-004522.png
    Screenshot_20211128-004522.png
    372 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back