Senton New fan for 3s Senton and 3s Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicious_oli

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Infraction 4x4
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to replace a dead motor fan on my Senton, and probably upgrade the fans on my 3s Infraction. The Infraction really overheats drifting it around where I live.

Reading and searching around in the forums, some people swear by "amazon server fans", specifically this one
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.34.56 AM.png

I'm interested in buying this one, since it has a waterproof rating. It appears to be just a tad slower, and but quieter, (noise isn't really a deal breaker for me.. but I certainly would appreciate a quieter fan)
Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 9.35.25 AM.png

What do I need to get these on my motors (bracket/mount/screws)?
What cable adapter should I look into, to run them out of the 3s balance lead.

I think I'd like to keep the stock arrma heatsinks, if that's possible.

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to replace a dead motor fan on my Senton, and probably upgrade the fans on my 3s Infraction. The Infraction really overheats drifting it around where I live.

Reading and searching around in the forums, some people swear by "amazon server fans", specifically this one
View attachment 255497

I'm interested in buying this one, since it has a waterproof rating. It appears to be just a tad slower, and but quieter, (noise isn't really a deal breaker for me.. but I certainly would appreciate a quieter fan)
View attachment 255498

Thanks!
Pick up one of these. I think they're the best option as you only need one clamp for for two fans and it accepts both 30 & 40mm fans. Those fans won't work with the heat sink though as the dimensions are different (Arrma tends to use 35mm fans). Unless you want to drill new holes. But no worries. Just remove the heat sink. Those fans should provide enough cooling.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...luminum-40-42mm-dia-motor-mount-30mm-40mm-fan

I like to recommend getting a DIY balance crimping set as they come in really handy, they're inexpensive and are a great investment.
https://amz.run/65XK
1667483605624.png

Pick up one of these. I think they're the best option as you only need one clamp for for two fans and it accepts both 30 & 40mm fans. Those fans won't work with the heat sink though as the dimensions are different (Arrma tends to use 35mm fans). Unless you want to drill new holes. But no worries. Just remove the heat sink. Those fans should provide enough cooling.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...luminum-40-42mm-dia-motor-mount-30mm-40mm-fan

I like to recommend getting a DIY balance crimping set as they come in really handy, they're inexpensive and are a great investment.
1667483605624.png

I was hoping to have a more straight forward approach in connecting the fan(s) to the balance lead on my 3s battery, though I'll certainly not discard your DIY solution.

I'll get that power hobby mount, but I'll still look into drilling the holes on the heatsinks!

1667483605624.png
I just bought one of those kits. I’ve been looking for something like this. Thanks

I was hoping to have a more straight forward approach in connecting the fan(s) to the balance lead on my 3s battery, though I'll certainly not discard your DIY solution.

I'll get that power hobby mount, but I'll still look into drilling the holes on the heatsinks!
How much more direct does it get than coupling it to the balance lead? I don't understand what you mean.
If you are using the stock motor it’s a 3660 size can. The fan size is 30mm I believe. If you just upgrade the fan to something like this https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...-hv-cooling-fan-silver-black-ptk-2111/p995313

you should see marked improvement. You could also look to a twin 30mm fan setup if needed.
Powerhobby makes one for 36-38mm motors as well. I just really like these as they give the option of mounting either a single or, without any modification, dual fans.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...luminum-36-38mm-dia-motor-mount-30mm-40mm-fan

If you are using the stock motor it’s a 3660 size can. The fan size is 30mm I believe. If you just upgrade the fan to something like this https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek...-hv-cooling-fan-silver-black-ptk-2111/p995313

you should see marked improvement. You could also look to a twin 30mm fan setup if needed.
Yes, both have their respective stock 3s Spektrum motors.
How much more direct does it get than coupling it to the balance lead? I don't understand what you mean.

Powerhobby makes one for 36-38mm motors as well. I just really like these as they give the option of mounting either a single or, without any modification, dual fans.
https://www.islandhobbynut.com/prod...luminum-36-38mm-dia-motor-mount-30mm-40mm-fan
Meaning I'm looking for something that I don't have to "build" in the sense of cutting cables, and crimping connectors.

Yes, both have their respective stock 3s Spektrum motors.

Then definitely they're 30mm for stock fans.

Meaning I'm looking for something that I don't have to "build" in the sense of cutting cables, and crimping connectors.

If you want a direct plug&play approach then you'll likely need to stay OEM fans THAT has the stock connectors already installed.

If however you're willing to pay a little bit to have someone else solder on the correct JR connectors onto a larger fan(s) then just let us know.

I'm in the process of designing some new 3D fan mounts for the Vendetta..
If you want a simple 30mm to 40mm mounting plate, I can make one.
Or if you want a Hi-flow adapter, PM me.

Then definitely they're 30mm for stock fans.

If you want a direct plug&play approach then you'll likely need to stay OEM fans THAT has the stock connectors already installed.

If however you're willing to pay a little bit to have someone else solder on the correct JR connectors onto a larger fan(s) then just let us know.

I'm in the process of designing some new 3D fan mounts for the Vendetta..
If you want a simple 30mm to 40mm mounting plate, I can make one.
Or if you want a Hi-flow adapter, PM me.
I guess part of my problem/issue is not knowing the names of connectors. I want the option of connecting the fans to the balance lead on the 3s battery, now I don't know the name of that type of connector or which cable do I need, what goes up, what goes down. I do recall seeing some premade cables that allow you to connect lights and fans to the balance lead on the battery, but don't know how to look for them, or what they're called, or even if they are the correct cables that I need.

I am interested in the 30mm to 40mm mounting plate, if thats part of what I need to mount the fan on my first post.

I guess part of my problem/issue is not knowing the names of connectors. I want the option of connecting the fans to the balance lead on the 3s battery, now I don't know the name of that type of connector or which cable do I need, what goes up, what goes down. I do recall seeing some premade cables that allow you to connect lights and fans to the balance lead on the battery, but don't know how to look for them, or what they're called, or even if they are the correct cables that I need.

1668094075943.png

Basically you're looking for something similar to this...

https://www.amazon.com/JST-XH-Balance-Connector-Battery-RC/dp/B07PLNBSZ3/ref=sr_1_51

Ideally, you want that red connector to be a JR female type ,instead of the JST...

I am interested in the 30mm to 40mm mounting plate, if thats part of what I need to mount the fan on my first post.

Give me a moment..
I'll pull up my files.

Hey everyone,

View attachment 255497

View attachment 255498

Thanks!

Here’s a new fan set that was recently released which may serve your needs perfectly. I can’t get the parts as cheap as they come together here. Plus you get an on off switch and color options. I just picked one up and I am quite surprised by the quality. Comes with the mount, alloy base and face plate as well as balance lead connectors. There’s also the option of just running one fan if you don’t want two.

DKKY RC Motor Heatsink Cooling Fan with 47-51mm Adjustable Mount, 21000 RPM High Speed 4028 Cooling Dual Fans for TRAXXAS 1717 4985 Motor and ARRMA Infraction, Felony, Limitless and Axial Motor Red https://a.co/d/clcNfpO

5F87A294-4287-4785-8AEA-413C0DEF9E65.png

Here’s a new fan set that was recently released which may serve your needs perfectly. I can’t get the parts as cheap as they come together here. Plus you get an on off switch and color options. I just picked one up and I am quite surprised by the quality. Comes with the mount, alloy base and face plate as well as balance lead connectors. There’s also the option of just running one fan if you don’t want two.

DKKY RC Motor Heatsink Cooling Fan with 47-51mm Adjustable Mount, 21000 RPM High Speed 4028 Cooling Dual Fans for TRAXXAS 1717 4985 Motor and ARRMA Infraction, Felony, Limitless and Axial Motor Red https://a.co/d/clcNfpO

View attachment 255509
The price point is great on these. Nice find. But, from the description, they're made for 49mm diameter motors which is going to be a bit much for the 3S motors at 36mm. Do they make smaller clamp versions?

The price point is great on these. Nice find. But, from the description, they're made for 49mm diameter motors which is going to be a bit much for the 3S motors at 36mm. Do they make smaller clamp versions?
They have three sizes so yep.
I got the version that did not come with a mount because I like the Powerhobby mounts that clip on either side, so that the fan is on the top of the motor and not the side.

Attachments

• 8249C230-D2A3-47F5-A066-3F6EC1094A1C.png
    8249C230-D2A3-47F5-A066-3F6EC1094A1C.png
    434.3 KB · Views: 35

the 'plate' adapter..

1668100990806.png

Hey everyone,

View attachment 255497

View attachment 255498

Thanks!
Screenshot_2022-11-10-22-12-52-68_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

This are the best for their price. Replaced 2 stock ones with 1 of these huge difference.

Hey everyone,

View attachment 255497

View attachment 255498

Thanks!
Get rid of the motor Heatsink concept!
Use a Fan mount.(y)
40 x 40 x 20mm fans are nice. Both look good and for the price.
That Rocket 30mm fan may be only good enough for the ESC if anything.

Use a Fan mount.(y)
Need a 25mm for the esc or an adaptor. Which I’m sure Tex has or can whip up quickly 😊

25mm fan = yeah racing one or the rocket one, but there you have to change the connector!
Or use a 30mm fan plate/adapter.

These fans are better as stock. A 30mm Rocket fan on the stock motor heatsink is better as the stock fan.

Also you can use one of these >

View attachment 255665
What are these called? :unsure:
Use a Fan mount.(y)
I think I'm leaning towards this. Use the powerhobby mount, and mount the server fan, or maybe go with a double fan setup on the infraction,

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back