New Fan Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongoose

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity.
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Well I’ve printed it but it’s still too big to fit under the Typhon body. Would work great under the Kraton or Noto body though. I can’t use it for now unless I paint up my LF body for my ET. I think it will fit under it.

I do like that it is stout. I don’t believe there will be any issues with cracking.

Wire managemt groove needs a revision.

4BC12474-D826-4606-8436-38042147EAA6.jpeg

3C56BAC9-0E20-4082-8B24-889B11AE083A.jpeg

C25586E2-9EE4-4899-B6B7-960B1E0A3316.jpeg

754B6DC4-D5C6-416D-992B-B933670985A5.jpeg

8848D8C4-8068-4767-AAB6-B9301153EA39.jpeg

88720EE2-30FB-49BF-9295-B07CC9133AC0.jpeg

91DEB600-9EFB-428E-AA4B-EEF25C038BBB.jpeg

Nice work. Makes me wish I had a 3D printer. Which I know zero about.

Designing is probably the most important part in 3D printing. Nice work. I don't know much else. Again, great work.
Which fan will you be going with??
Knowing how layers print is essential to a good print. It has to be part of the design process. Even if your design is perfect with layers in mind, a well tuned printer and good filament is still needed. I’ve been battling with my 3DP this past week with it jamming in the hot end. I hope to have it resolved now. I am pretty sure I had a bad spool of filament. I will know for sure in about 34 hours if this print finishes. This is the fourth time I've ran this print and I keeps failing about 10 hours in.

I seen that prints are time consuming. I didn't know that bad spools of filaments can be a problem. I am learning. But slowly.:)

I seen that prints are time consuming. I didn't know that bad spools of filaments can be a problem. I am learning. But slowly.:)
I just learned the hard way ??

Thank you for the kind words everyone. If any of you guys have a shell this would fit under I’d be willing to send it to you to try. It fits a 40mm can and the fan mounting holes will need to be opened a shade to run a screw in it. I don’t recommend tapping the hole with a tap but rather let the screw do the tapping.

@SrC here is the fan I planned to use with it.

8DCA7294-2234-4DA2-A2CF-EFAD1322BFDF.jpeg

Could I get a dimensioned drawing of it? I'm probably going to need some motor cooling on the Limitless and I might be interested in one.

Is there a specific area of it that you would like dimensions on? I will give you the model but I’ll also be sure to get you the dimensions that are important to you in a drawing format as well.

Thank you @BashingBrian. Yep, it does run the length of the motor and the thought was it would save space and fit under the Typhon body and also breathe fresh air since it wouldn’t be close to the shell. BUT, it doesn’t fit. I think it would work exceptionally well on a larger shelled truck like an MT.

Also the fan blades are more supported mounted in this orientation.

The zip tie grooves make for a super easy install. If the wires are already ran then it seriously takes a minute to install.

8ED39180-0DAF-4D42-886F-7AE421562FC3.jpeg

7A56E385-415B-4E34-B169-D8A9CC731C13.jpeg

235BD91E-A2FB-49B6-AE87-880AC7EF192F.jpeg

Anybody want to try this? When I said I would send it to someone to try I didn’t mean for a price. I meant I would send it for free. I just want to know how it works. I’m not going to have time to trim and paint my LF body any time soon.

I’d prefer to send it to a premium member though because I know they will give me some feedback.

I'd try it out for you..?

But it would be a pain in the ass to ship to me as I'm on the other side of the Atlantic ..?? I'm sure there will be someone closer to you willing to test it though..???
I think he meant the STL file ?????

I think he meant the STL file ?????

That too but I actually mean the part that I have. If someone doesn’t have access to a printer then this would be a good alternative. It’s just going to go to waste if not.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back