Felony New Felony, initial setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hindra

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
First new RC and it's a Felony, all the others I bought used. So I am understanding this correctly I need to calibrate(not program but calibrate) the esc, then tweak my transmitter gains, then re-bind and calibrate the esc one more time? I just want to make sure I'm understanding the instructions.

Does changing the AVC gain during this process affect it at all? I appreciate any advice and feedback.

No need to re-bind as the rig is bound from the factory. Calibrate, then you are good to go.

cheers,
kev

First new RC and it's a Felony, all the others I bought used. So I am understanding this correctly I need to calibrate(not program but calibrate) the esc, then tweak my transmitter gains, then re-bind and calibrate the esc one more time? I just want to make sure I'm understanding the instructions.

Does changing the AVC gain during this process affect it at all? I appreciate any advice and feedback.
Congratulations, it's a work of art 👌

If you adjust any of the steering end points, you'll have to re-bind for the AVC to work "properly". It can still work without doing so - it depends on how much you've adjusted the trim by. This, and toggling neutral/reverse on any channel, should be the only time you'll need to re-bind after adjusting. I remember reading that AVC requires at least ~80% steering travel for AVC to fully work it's magic

You can calibrate the ESC at any time but I usually do this last. Just remember to keep the throttle trim as centre as possible and the throttle travel at 100%. Have fun with your new weapon 🚀

Calibration, when applied to AVC receivers, has more steps than a non-AVC receiver.

Out of the box, the radio and receiver should be bound and calibrated.

The instruction manual is a pretty good source for this information: http://spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMSR6100AT-Manual-EN.pdf

You can/should set the throttle end points, which is a function of the ESC, before running just to ensure they are set properly. It's quick and easy and the procedure is in your user manual.

This might be a dumb question, but is calibration of the ECS the same as setting end points? I'll admit I am still slightly confused.

Or setting end points is done from adjusting the gain of the knobs on the controller? I'm using the stock dx3 transmitter

This might be a dumb question, but is calibration of the ECS the same as setting end points? I'll admit I am still slightly confused.

Or setting end points is done from adjusting the gain of the knobs on the controller? I'm using the stock dx3 transmitter

Calibrating the ESC is different from setting the end points. You don't want to mess with the endpoints on the throttle - just leave them at full travel. You need to "teach" the ESC what the limits of the throttle travel are. Setting endpoints is done for steering so that the servo doesn't go past the mechanical limit of travel on your steering and cause undue stress on the servo.

It's all in the manual:
Trim and endpoints are on page 14
Binding and calibration are on page 15
ESC limits are on page 22
ESC tuning is on page 23

Calibrating the ESC is different from setting the end points. You don't want to mess with the endpoints on the throttle - just leave them at full travel. You need to "teach" the ESC what the limits of the throttle travel are. Setting endpoints is done for steering so that the servo doesn't go past the mechanical limit of travel on your steering and cause undue stress on the servo.

It's all in the manual:
Trim and endpoints are on page 14
Binding and calibration are on page 15
ESC limits are on page 22
ESC tuning is on page 23
Thank you for that explanation! Much appreciated, and thank you for the direct instruction pages in the manual.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back