Felony New Felony! With a warning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkeye_Joe

Reaction score
Got my new Felony today an I love this thing, something for bashing on the street when I cannot get the Kraton out to some dirt. A word of warning though.

About 20 minutes into some light bashing ( going up and down a slanted curb a few times and doing a few speed runs and donuts) I noticed a horrible grinding sound and a serious loss of power. Cracked it open and noticed the motor mount plate screws had backed out and the pinion had ground onto the plate! I was able to get it recounted with some loctite (there did not appear to be any there!) And got.it running fine again.. I sent an email to Arrma about it and hopefully they will help me out with a new plate.

So, as a word of warning to those getting a new felony or anything with a sliding motor plate, check those screws before you run it. Hopefully you can learn from my lack of vigilance!

20200825_192554.jpg

20200825_192738.jpg

20200825_192542.jpg

@Hawkeye_Joe sounds like you had a great time. Need more pictures of that Arrma Felony though!

As for the screws - I recommend everyone to always check all screws on any new or used RC they buy for this very reason. Doesn't take a long and it's a good insurance policy against this kind of stuff.

Congrats on your Felony ??

This is why I disassemble all my new rigs. Some say that I’m anal for doing so, but in the end, I do it to avoid things like this from happening.

That's exactly what happened to my Typhon 6s after its 4th run! There was no locktite on the pinion grub screw. The plate got milled down but luckily the pinion was fine. Check and recheck those screws my fellow enthusiasts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back